Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JJ Belyeu
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This may have been asked already, but does anyone have a release estimate for all of us not lucky enough to have gone to Gen Con?

I read somewhere Q4, but seeing as how we are coming to the end of that, I am beginning to wonder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Altman
United States
O Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
I heard it should be released the end of this month or beginning of September. I too am anxiously awaiting it as I did not have the cash to buy it at Gencon.

And actually Q4 technically doesn't start until October.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maad McCarthy
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are willing to pay the Suggested Retail price ($100) then it is available now from Flying Frog's website:

http://stores.homestead.com/FlyingFrogProductions/Categories...

This is the "Pre-Release" edition which comes with:
"Two bonus Alternate Image Promo Cards, Two Exclusive Fortune and Glory 1" Buttons, and a Limited Edition Commemorative Jade-colored Flying Frog Coin"

I am one of the ones who could not wait as this game looks great. Mine arrives this Thursday.

Retailers I believe will have it in stock at some point in September($65) from what I have heard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JJ Belyeu
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mourningshadow wrote:
I heard it should be released the end of this month or beginning of September. I too am anxiously awaiting it as I did not have the cash to buy it at Gencon.

And actually Q4 technically doesn't start until October.

I was thinking the fiscal quarter. Which do most game websites go by, fiscal or standard quarters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JJ Belyeu
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maadmccarthy wrote:
If you are willing to pay the Suggested Retail price ($100) then it is available now from Flying Frog's website:

"Two bonus Alternate Image Promo Cards, Two Exclusive Fortune and Glory 1" Buttons, and a Limited Edition Commemorative Jade-colored Flying Frog Coin"

I am one of the ones who could not wait as this game looks great. Mine arrives this Thursday.

Retailers I believe will have it in stock at some point in September($65) from what I have heard.

Can anyone vouch for the $100 price tag being worth it? I might just wait the extra couple weeks and save the $35.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sly
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BeerMe wrote:
I was thinking the fiscal quarter. Which do most game websites go by, fiscal or standard quarters?

I would think most sites, when posting dates for public consumption would use a normal calendar quarter system, and not fiscal..since not everyone would be expected to understand it was different.

On a Myriad Games podcast, Scott Hill only gave the general "Should be in stores by the end of September.." which doesn't give us much more to go on, and that's from the horse's mouth. I hope it's the 'end of August, early Sept.' timeframe, I'm dying to give it a try and just can't justify the extra amount when it's only a matter of weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deckard Cole
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
BeerMe wrote:
maadmccarthy wrote:

Can anyone vouch for the $100 price tag being worth it? I might just wait the extra couple weeks and save the $35.

"Worth" is hard to determine and a matter of opinion. FFP has great production value in their games (even if you don't like their games that's hard to deny) and this pic http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1065657/fortune-and-glory-the... seems to show that the same goes for this game. I love their games and I also prefer supporting my FLGS over online shops so $100 it will be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's worth at least the price of LNoE or plus the growing hunger expansion...about equal components (though I haven't done an exact count). Since that would run $90 retail, I think the $100 is justified. Definitely worth the price you'll get at an online discounter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
BeerMe wrote:
This may have been asked already, but does anyone have a release estimate for all of us not lucky enough to have gone to Gen Con?

I read somewhere Q4, but seeing as how we are coming to the end of that, I am beginning to wonder.

hi James

you can find it at timewellspent.org on the 23rd August
it is stated on their website

as for what price it will be, i have no idea. i doubt it will be the USD 100 tag it is going for right now

link to their site is below

http://www.timewellspentgames.com/content/home.php
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McDonald
United States
Yonkers
New York
flag msg tools
\|/
badge
/|\
mbmbmbmbmb
If you check the Flying Frog web store:
http://stores.homestead.com/FlyingFrogProductions/Detail.bok...
It says
"'Fortune and Glory: The Cliffhanger Game' PRE-RELEASE. NOW SHIPPING!"

I assume since it says NOW SHIPPING! we should be getting them soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Callahan
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, Sean.... I Beleive that means the special PRE-RELEASE FANG with bonus extras is shipping....which it is.

The regular non-pre-order game probably won;t ship until Sept 5th, as that is the cut-off date to order the Pre-Release SPECIAL edition....

I think we all will be seeing them in the second or later week of September.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Larkin
United States
Novato
California
flag msg tools
badge
Twinkies... YUM!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would not make the purchase just to get the bonus extras, if you want to play the game now, definitely, it's an awesome game. The jade coin, buttons, and cards, are not all that terribly exciting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Groff-Folsom
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BeerMe wrote:

Absolutely. In the two weeks since Gencon, I've played five full games (and a half game) and I'm nowhere near ready to bring anything else to the table. The first game was cooperative, as my wife is typically not a competitive game fan. After that game she realized that competitive is more indirect, so that's what we've played since then. We still have two characters that haven't hit the table yet (Doctor Zhukov and Sharon the photographer). There are Dangers we see while shuffling that we have yet to encounter. We haven't even taken on the Nazis in cooperative play!

Simply put, the game has a ton of mileage. I was skeptical of the price increase, but after just a few plays it became clear how much the game changes even when you're in the same 'mode' (cooperative vs Nazis, cooperative vs Chicago, competitive).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam B.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played it now twice at GenCon with GC gamers, three times with my older parents, and twice with my more casual gamer friends back in Boston, and and all three groups absolutely loved it. Loved it loved it loved it.

I'm slightly concerned that the Danger cards are going to get familiar and hope we get some Danger card expansions sooner than later, but I have basically zero regrets with dropping $100 for this at GenCon.

However, if you're wondering if the pre-order bonuses are worth the extra cash, probably not. The green token does make for a nice "player 1" token instead of the big Flying Frog button, but the two extra cards are just alternate art cards, and the two small buttons are just.... buttons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
It won't be released until around September 13 according to TimeWellSpent. The post for a release today was a mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sly
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ixnay66 wrote:
It won't be released until around September 13 according to TimeWellSpent. The post for a release today was a mistake.

Darn, I was thinking the Aug 23rd date was likely a mistake or based on outdated info..but was still crossing my fingers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david karasick
United States
Gladwyne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered it at Noble Knight Games......they have it in stock now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hill
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
skeletodoc wrote:
I just ordered it at Noble Knight Games......they have it in stock now.

The official Street Date for the game is Sept. 13th. They may show it in stock, but they should not be sending it out before the release date. Any sales at this point should still be pre-order only.

- Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I own it....like right now its sitting in the same room as me waiting for me to punch out the tokens and such. I did not preorder, just walked into a local store and bought it...they had several copies, as did the other game store in my area. I'm not sure what that means....did certain areas get it sooner?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JJ Belyeu
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jcb231 wrote:
I own it....like right now its sitting in the same room as me waiting for me to punch out the tokens and such. I did not preorder, just walked into a local store and bought it...they had several copies, as did the other game store in my area. I'm not sure what that means....did certain areas get it sooner?

Thats slightly disconcerting when reading the above post from Jason Hill.

I will probably pick up a copy if they have it at Orrcon next weekend, along with Elder Sign and Space Empires: 4X.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Levy
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think what it means is that a lot of FLGS are not as used to street dated items as places that sell video games and movies. I'm sure the bigger locations (CSI, Thought Hammer, Boards & Bits) will stick to the street date.

Heck, even major release video games get leaked early.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jayntampa wrote:
I think what it means is that a lot of FLGS are not as used to street dated items as places that sell video games and movies. I'm sure the bigger locations (CSI, Thought Hammer, Boards & Bits) will stick to the street date.

Heck, even major release video games get leaked early.

I suggest that everyone call their local game stores to check. The game is quite fun. Of the two game stores closest to me, one received the game on Tuesday, the other was closed that day so while I assume they also received it they did not put it on sale until Wednesday, when I bought it.

One store was selling the game for around the full 100, but I got mine for just over 85.

In the case of movies and video games, there can be penalties to stores that break street date...things like not getting future promotional items or more severe things like not getting product at all. I have never heard of a penalty for a board/card game....is there a penalty to local stores that sell Fortune and Glory early? I don't want my local store to get in trouble. Without a penalty I don't see why any store would wait until official street date when they could be selling it now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Callahan
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered from CoolStuffInc and must growl angry at this turn of events.... I am sure that the wonderful folks at Frog want to keep things on an even dealing, and I would have hoped that other sellers would honor the Frog's release date..shake..but what can a poor Frog do? It's not like they are Hasbro or Disney!cry

So...I'll wait. I know it will be worth the wait, though.

Hey, Cartwright is forever...but mid-September is right around the corner. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Levy
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered from CSI, too ... But, I have Elder Sign in there, too, so I have to wait anyway lol

Well, I can understand why FFP wants a release date held to - it encourages people to buy from their site first, which is clearly more profitable for them. It's too bad stores had to jump the gun ... Although, if one store in the area did it, I understand why another would - that would be lost sales for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had preordered from CSI but took it off my order (still have over $100 for free shipping, though) and ordered directly from FFP to have it in time for my vacation...best $50 I ever spent!...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.