Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Hutnik
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There... my pointless contribution to commentary on the game and the description.

Yes, forcing a forced meme here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Zhou
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ha! That's a good one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hutnik
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ycz6 wrote:
Ha! That's a good one.

For those who don't know the story of this (I did post it in a thread or two connected to the game), someone on a forum somewhere said, "Hey, let's come up with a meme!" and that came about, and people ran with it. Now, it pops into my head whenever waffles are mentioned. That picture is cute. Bunny vampire FTW!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sundar R.
India
Bengaluru
TamilNadu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As far as I know, the complete story is this:

Stephen Colbert's "Truthiness" rally was wildly popular on Reddit (maybe because the idea originated there? I'm not sure), and a large portion of redditors had gone there. Jealous that they had become "cool" by going to the rally, one of the non-rally-goers made a post on the rally day, saying "Let's make up a meme today and confuse the returning rally-goers tomorrow. Something like, whenever someone says carrots, we'll reply with 'Hahaha! Don't you mean waffles?'. But something better".

That something better never came up, and this carrots-waffles thing became the meme. It (deservedly) died out soon though, and now invoked only for nostalgic effects.

And that's the story of how carrots met waffles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.