Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: Boardgames @ Gungahlin Library rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Panda Z
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Reminder of the upcoming event on the 4th Saturday of the month. Details as follows:

What: to play board games
Where: New Gungahlin Library, corner of Hibberson St and Gozzard St.
When: Saturday 27 August 2011
Time: 11 am to 4:30 pm
Why: because we needed another excuse to play.
How much: FREE!!! just bring along your preferred games and a smile.

The facilities at the new library are excellent. Facilities in the venue includes a microwave, small fridge, hot/cold filtered water and there is even a coffee shop. For lunch purposes the Gungahlin shops are across the street. For more details about the venue and parking details check the following link:

http://www.library.act.gov.au/library_services/library_locat...

There is no restriction of food on the venue, but I encourage everyone to keep the venue tidy and be careful while playing other peoples games. Also, please consider order food/drinks from the coffee shop at the Library.

I have a couple of surprises this month.

First, I'm re introducing the game of the month as Don Bone used to do. The idea is to nominate a game and people who play this game during the event and win it have a chance to get a small prize. Thanks to Mind Games for providing a gift voucher to give away. The Game of the Month for August is The Impossible Machine

Second, I will giving away a new copy (slightly damage in one corner) of one of my favourites games: Carcassonne, no the normal one but the 10th Year Special edition. More details about winning this one on the date of the event.

Feel free to let others know about this event that may be interested to attend.

If you would like to help setting up the room, feel free to contact me via email.

Hope to see you there

Cheers!
cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Appleton
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sigh - unfortunately I think I'm going to have to wait till the kids are a bit older before I'm allowed out on a Saturday afternoon. Pity as it's really close to home for me.

Needs more wargames too to balance out all those Eurogames by the look of things!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panda Z
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TeufelHund wrote:

Needs more wargames too to balance out all those Eurogames by the look of things!

Yes, that's a good idea and the reason I mention to bring your preferred game. It is not meant to be Eurogames games only

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panda Z
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well another successful event this month has passed. Thanks to all those who attend and congratulations to the winners.

Some of the games played this month included:

FITS
Attika
Alien Frontiers
Red Planet
Six
Impossible Machine
The Resistance

There were a few games replayed from the above list. Overall good fun.

I have to mention the play of the day was from

Merran Furness
Australia
Canberra
Australian Capital Territory
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Just the before the end of the second machine in Impossible Machine. That was priceless.

Cheers!
cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Enzerink
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmb
Decidedly scifi flavour. Looks like lots of fun was had.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erez Ben-Aharon
Australia
Civic Square
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
LOL, I'm with you on this one Pete....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erez Ben-Aharon
Australia
Civic Square
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
LOL, I'm with you on this one Pete....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.