Subject: a thought rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i was in the bathroomyukgulpwowgoo and i thought to remove the frag when the invader deck finish.what do you think about this idea???
The first negative that I thought is that the game lose the pressure of time to the marines...but on the other i think it is fairer losing from the invader player and not from the deck!!!what do you think guys???
there are a lot of veterans players here so I want their opinion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a timing mechanism to keep the game from going TOO long, and it represents the idea that the marines don't have unlimited time to get to the shuttles before they depart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so the idea canceled......... what is gribblies???yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Calzolari
Italy
S.Lazzaro di Savena
Bologna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While me too never saw more than one Frag gained by deck depletion (and not so often, too), sometime THAT single frag is the last. This caused the marines really rush and planning very well each turn trying to balance the need to run and the risk to be killed.
More, other than being a simple "timing" mechanism, it "push" the Invader towards playing cards each time he can, making the game full of "surprises" each turn.

I'd not remove it, if i were you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i dont remove .it was a thought under weird............ conditions(wc)hahahaha. that why i asked for help.thanks guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
I removed it since I play with both invader decks at once.
Time is against the marines anyway. Slow marines run out of resources and get overwhelmed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's true. The longer you go, the more likely you are to not have the ammo to deal with monsters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Calzolari
Italy
S.Lazzaro di Savena
Bologna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If i'm not wrong, there's a marine card that negate to loose ammo.... and anyway the Chainsaw marine have not this problem. Removing the timing mechanic make these marines even more powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Even without the ammo loss it's in the marines interests to move. The invader essentially has an unlimited force. Marines HP are very limited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.