Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aingeru Malkav
Spain
Bilbao
Bizkaia
flag msg tools
mb
As they can not be uploaded... they can be linked...

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
Gloom of Kilforth reprint Kickstarter Sept 29-Oct 31
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Prince is fairly cool but I doubt I'd ever choose him over Aragorn. And with that Threat cost I'm not sure when he'd ever see any use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aingeru Malkav
Spain
Bilbao
Bizkaia
flag msg tools
mb
Maybe in a Tactics deck with lot of allies (eagles?)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Andersson
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
badge
Uuurrh! I let him in, uuuhh, was that not cool? Arrrarrh...
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:
The Prince is fairly cool but I doubt I'd ever choose him over Aragorn. And with that Threat cost I'm not sure when he'd ever see any use.

I think you could use him in a deck that throws around some allies (like sneak attack or that horse guy that discards). But I guess Theodred/Aragorn is still boss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Lawton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aragorn with Steward of Gondor negates the need for Theodred's ability, in which case being able to ready 2 hero's per round becomes pretty awesome. I think the ability is pretty cool to be honest in the same way that i think Horn of Gongor is underrated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mmzomba wrote:
Aragorn with Steward of Gondor negates the need for Theodred's ability, in which case being able to ready 2 hero's per round becomes pretty awesome.

With Aragorn and Imrahil in the same team you'd have a starting threat of 23 before you even added your third Hero! surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friederike
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering:
With the information we currently have- do you think "Lore of Imladris" can be used on Wilyador?

I think the Fantasy Flight Games page http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=2555 implies that (but it also implies that Self Preservation can be used, which somehow is doubtful with "No attachments").

Supposing it can be used, I have two questions:

-Is the card on ally? It needs to be a character for "Lore of Imladris" to be applicable and it makes sense thematically. It is not obvious with the card being an objective card, but for me it looks like the best interpretation.
-If Wilyador has more than 5 damage tokens and you use "Lore of Imladris", do you just remove 5 of them or can't you use "Lore of Imladris" as its text (heal all damage) contradicts Wilyador's text (cannot be healed of more than 5 wounds by a single effect)?
I hope the first is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde Cloggie
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Rike wrote:
I'm wondering:
With the information we currently have- do you think "Lore of Imladris" can be used on Wilyador?

I think the Fantasy Flight Games page http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=2555 implies that (but it also implies that Self Preservation can be used, which somehow is doubtful with "No attachments").

Supposing it can be used, I have two questions:

-Is the card on ally? It needs to be a character for "Lore of Imladris" to be applicable and it makes sense thematically. It is not obvious with the card being an objective card, but for me it looks like the best interpretation.
-If Wilyador has more than 5 damage tokens and you use "Lore of Imladris", do you just remove 5 of them or can't you use "Lore of Imladris" as its text (heal all damage) contradicts Wilyador's text (cannot be healed of more than 5 wounds by a single effect)?
I hope the first is correct.

Wilyador is an Ally, which in his case is a trait since he comes from the encounter deck as an objective. The card specifically states he goes under the player's cotnrol as an ally, making him a character for the purpose of being targeted by card effects. So yes, Lore of Imladris can heal him to a maximum of 5 wounds at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde Cloggie
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmb
ilgoga wrote:
ninjadorg wrote:

I think you could use him in a deck that throws around some allies (like sneak attack or that horse guy that discards). But I guess Theodred/Aragorn is still boss.

With a lot of allies discarding (either through their own effects or through being cannon fodder),Imrahil's ability seems to be cheaper than Aragorn's. He also has one less threat. I'm thinking I might pick Imrahil over Aragorn in any deck that doesn't use Celebrian's Stone's synergy with Spirit or the Theodred combo.

Since most of my solo-decks are tri-sphere or use Leadership as the minor sphere, the Theodred/Aragorn combo hardly comes into play for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friederike
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:

I guess the usefulness of his ability depends a lot on with how many players you play. If you play with 4 players the probability of a character leaving play increases. That would mean Imrahil getting ready without any cost (unlike Aragorn) very often. Still then I think with 2 players I prefer Aragorn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Lawton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:
Mmzomba wrote:
Aragorn with Steward of Gondor negates the need for Theodred's ability, in which case being able to ready 2 hero's per round becomes pretty awesome.

With Aragorn and Imrahil in the same team you'd have a starting threat of 23 before you even added your third Hero! surprise

Just take Bilbo then...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friederike
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clydecloggie wrote:

Wilyador is an Ally, which in his case is a trait since he comes from the encounter deck as an objective. The card specifically states he goes under the player's cotnrol as an ally, making him a character for the purpose of being targeted by card effects. So yes, Lore of Imladris can heal him to a maximum of 5 wounds at a time.

Thanks. Good point! So you think you can apply Lore of Imladris even if he has more than five wounds?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mmzomba wrote:
ninjadorg wrote:
Mmzomba wrote:

Just take Bilbo then...

For a starting threat of 32? Bilbo's singing would give you away - Sauron would spot you coming from a mile off. sauron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Lawton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2 heroes it is then....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:

Since both players can't have Aragorn, how about you use The Prince when your partner has Aragorn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davypi wrote:
ninjadorg wrote:

Since both players can't have Aragorn, how about you use The Prince when your partner has Aragorn?

With only one core set it means one/both of us would be screwed for card choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Urban
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
"Wilyador" is weirdly macaronic Elvish, neither Sindarin nor Quenya. Of course, they don't get English right either: 'Born Aloft' could only be justified if it were a punning reference to the Eagle and Child pub in Oxford (where Tolkien and C.S. Lewis and their friends met to read their manuscripts) but that would require artwork resembling the pub sign (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6c/The_Eagle...).

FFG really needs an editor for this sort of thing. Tolkien fans do care about his invented languages (and proper English).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ostadan wrote:
"Wilyador" is weirdly macaronic Elvish, neither Sindarin nor Quenya. Of course, they don't get English right either: 'Born Aloft' could only be justified if it were a punning reference to the Eagle and Child pub in Oxford (where Tolkien and C.S. Lewis and their friends met to read their manuscripts) but that would require artwork resembling the pub sign (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6c/The_Eagle...).

FFG really needs an editor for this sort of thing. Tolkien fans do care about his invented languages (and proper English).
lolwut?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
ninjadorg wrote:

Of course, I have not had a chance to try this out, but I feel he'll be much better and useful than Aragorn. Aragorn wastes resources that Théodred could otherwise use to other cause, Imrahil readies for free. Especially in a coop game, it should be no big problem to find a character that leaves play. And there are already many combos that go with that, both Beornings for instance, Gandalf, etc. Also, Aragorn can only ready at a certain time, Imrahil any time you find the leaving character. And he is Gondorian, so there comes another great defensive combo. I may be proven wrong but I already am thinking about a deck that Imrahil shall lead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ostadan wrote:

I have expressed this sentiment many times. How about Favor, I find that depressing and will never spell it that way, especially in anything connected to Tolkien. Is it too hard to spell it right, do they really fear that Americans will not understand the word or think it is a misspell? Born Aloft, Chieftan, oh... but I have to add as always, I am really grateful for this wonderful game; there is just always room for improvement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
And a question about Parting Gifts, I conclude you can target a Leadership hero of another player, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Riehl
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jpraibis wrote:
And a question about Parting Gifts, I conclude you can target a Leadership hero of another player, right?

I conclude the same. Although note you need to control a leadership hero to play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
camipco wrote:
jpraibis wrote:

I conclude the same. Although note you need to control a leadership hero to play it.

Right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Awesome
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Can't read my POKAH FASE
mbmbmbmbmb
They haven't revealed if there's a new song in this pack. I'm hoping they continue the streak so I can have more blue or red options available to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jpraibis wrote:
Of course, I have not had a chance to try this out, but I feel he'll be much better and useful than Aragorn. Aragorn wastes resources that Théodred could otherwise use to other cause, Imrahil readies for free.

Well I was dubious of Bilbo before playing him and he proved his worth in spades so hopefully I'm wrong about Imrahil. But since Leadership is the most resource-heavy deck I'd hardly say Aragorn "wastes resources". And if you're using Theodred there's nothing to stop you putting the extra resources elsewhere and using Aragorn's own stockpile to refresh.

jpraibis wrote:
Also, Aragorn can only ready at a certain time, Imrahil any time you find the leaving character.

That's fairly immaterial because Aragorn readies immediately after exhausting when questing, as though he's never tapped. So that's at least 2 bonus Willpower questing every turn for 1 resource: much cheaper than a 2 Willpower ally, or at least on a par with an ally that you'd have to discard to feed the hungry Imrahil. Furthermore, Princey could easily stay stuck/exhausted the whole round if he goes questing.

Either way I'm still looking forward to this one.

Just hope Carrock arrives some time soon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.