Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse Dean
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious predator on Earth!
mbmbmb
Based on my read you can only become FIRST PLAYER by drawing the correct rest token. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
doubtofbuddha wrote:
Based on my read you can only become FIRST PLAYER by drawing the correct rest token. Is this correct?
You get to look at all the rest tokens that are still available and pick the one you want. I focused on this as well since the starting player doesn't otherwise change during the game. I can see how going later in turn order could be helpful during action placment, but going first and placing the new map tiles, selecting character cards, only needing ties for majority and performing actions first would all provide some advantages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Dean
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious predator on Earth!
mbmbmb
Right. I am not saying it is a problem, I am just trying to make sure that I read correctly (though it is something I will be watching for when playing).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was similarly alarmed about this until I realized that the player chooses among the remaining face down tokens. It thus seems that the Rest action space is essentially a become start player space, with consolation prizes for those who fail to get the action first.

This mechanism seems perfectly alright to me; it essentially is the same way turn order changes in Agricola.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
doubtofbuddha wrote:
Right. I am not saying it is a problem, I am just trying to make sure that I read correctly (though it is something I will be watching for when playing).
Just thinking about it, if the first player spends one action marker on the "rest" action space, it would require another player to spend (at least) two markers to get it the first player marker from them? Also, the down side to being first player twice in a row is that you need to swap out character cards before the other players need to return theirs so you may be unable to select some of the better ones you would want.

verandi wrote:
I was similarly alarmed about this until I realized that the player chooses among the remaining face down tokens. It thus seems that the Rest action space is essentially a become start player space, with consolation prizes for those who fail to get the action first.

This mechanism seems perfectly alright to me; it essentially is the same way turn order changes in Agricola.
I thought the same thing. Although there is still a chance (like in Agricola) that you could benefit sitting next to a person who likes to be first, I didn't see this as a problem once I understood how it actually worked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.