Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
david brawley
United States
virginia beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Okay can someone clear up what happens when both sides are equal but combat result is an EX. since neither side is lower how is this handled? We have been rerolling until a different result.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I understand you correctly, you mean an equal number of terrain-modified factors per side?

For example, two 2-3 Inf attack a 2-3 Inf in clear terrain. The odds are 4:4 (1:1).

An EX result would eliminate both attacking 2-3's and the defending 2-3. The defender would still control the attacked hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david brawley
United States
virginia beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I agree with Doug, for the particular situation described. The rules are not explicit, however, that is the most logically consistent way to handle it IMHO. Similarly for non-terrain modified. For example, if 2 x 2-3's attack 2 x 2-3's in the 'open' (i.e. defense is initially doubled) the initial attack would be 1-2. If a CA were rolled, then the attacker would counterattack based on unmodified factors, the odds then being 1:1. If an EX were rolled on that counterattack, both sides would count as 4 factors and both would be completely eliminated on an EX.

The final situation, in which there might be more 'debate', is that where shore bombardment factors are involved. In that case, the SB factors do not have to be lost, and if they are not then it is perhaps not as clear what the defender needs to lose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy the way Glenn Miller played // Songs that made the Hit Parade // Guys like us we had it made // Those were the days.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The final situation, in which there might be more 'debate', is that where shore bombardment factors are involved.

Oh, please no! Not again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.