Wilmington
Select State
flag msg tools
designer
I love you.
badge
I love you.
mb
The Girl and I were playing a couple rounds last night, and midway through the first she needed a rule refresher: "You can only cull if you score Assistants, right?" I corrected her, but then was struck by her method as a decent and simple variant.

By only culling if you score Assistants, it slows down the rich-get-richer snowball and gives Assistants--one of the dice that would typically be culled itself--strategic importance. The tradeoff in culling ability versus ease in being plinked off and low point value for survival makes for a new decision point...

We played our other rounds with that rule, and I can't say for sure that it made a huge difference, but if you're concerned about the snowball it's an easy thing to try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Buchanan
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I, for one, think it's a brilliant idea.

Reasons for which I give here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/7326410#7326410
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Dedeaux
United States
Fontana
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He's got a smart girl

I too, like the idea. Though, after reading that post after yours, I also like giving everyone equal rights to cull, because inevitably someone has their assistant killed in the beginning of the game and they lose out on the option to cull. Will try these out next play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about instead of this, you give the assistant the power that if it is destroyed, it may be returned to the wilds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.