Ivan Tulovskiy
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear friends,

We'd like our English rules of the game to be completely clear and correct.
So we ask you to help us.

If you see any unclear phrase in the rules please write about it here.
We'll be very grateful if you suggest a new and correct versions of such phrases.

Thank you very much for your help!

Yours sincerely,
"RightGames" team

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Perez
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
designer
Soon in retail !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would you also like comments about the French rules ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Tulovskiy
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a good idea.

I created a separate thread for the French language:
The publisher needs your comments in order to correct French rules of the game.

Comments write first in English, and then the same text in French, please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just raised this issue. I raised some other issue, but they were correct in the rules. I was just too dense to get them

Here is the issue that is still unclear to our group.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/691062/can-you-make-use-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I've done a pass and made about 30 corrections in the PDF (just fixing some odd wordings), but I realized I don't know where to send it. Do you guys have a public email I could use?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Tulovskiy
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Write to us:
rubg(dog)inbox.ru

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, I assume the (dog) an @ in the email address?

Also, even with the non-standard phrases, the rules were very clear and well organized. The only place where I felt they were unclear was whether or not an eaten animal's original card is discarded. Here's the wording of the sentence in question:

Quote:

The animal eaten, all its traits and all pairwise traits associated with it are put into a discard pile.

I would think to be more clear, that should either be

Quote:

For the animal eaten, all its traits and all pairwise traits associated with it are put into a discard pile. Note that the original animal card itself is NOT discarded.

or

Quote:

For the animal eaten, its original card, along with all its traits and all pairwise traits associated with it are put into a discard pile.

depending on whether the original card gets discarded or not (I'm not entirely sure)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Tulovskiy
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
Cool, is the (dog) an @ in the email address?

Yes it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Email sent! Having now read the rules, the game sounds very clever and fun. I'm looking forward to trying it out if I make it to Essen this year!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannis
Japan
tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the examples given in the following thread,
Scavenger and Cooperation combination

it would be good to add the following clarification in the rules.

A trait can be triggered only once in a round of an animals feeding phase. If several traits are triggered in a single turn, the player chooses the order each trait is triggered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Koleso
Russia
flag msg tools
Richard!
Of course second variant is correct. Animal that was eaten should be discarded with all its traits

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
The terminology is a little confusing regarding turns, phases, rounds, and turns "in order". This led to some confusion over this rule:

Quote:
Each Carnivorous animal may only use its Carnivorous trait once a turn.

A game turn is defined as the 4 phases
And each phase can consist of multiple rounds
But players take food tokens in (turn) order - when we would normally say "your turn"

On first reading, this led us to believe we could use a carnivore multiple times in a feeding phase, but this didn't seem right. We had to spend some time rechecking this.

"Each Carnivorous animal may only use its Carnivorous trait once per feeding phase" is more precise and less open to interpretation.

Quote:
In each feeding round only one of your Carnivorous animals may use its Carnivorous trait.

It's not clear how it would even be possible for more than one animal to use its carnivorous power in the same round, so this rules seems a little unnecessary and therefore causes a bit of confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.