Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Situation. Let's say I have a Grape Shot as an battle plan.

There is a melee one space away. Two spaces away is a depleted enemy formation. Three spaces away is another melee.

So, I roll the Grape Shot at the enemy who is two spaces away. I roll a "1" and since the Grape Shot is +2/+1, I score two hits. The first hit takes the unit out of play and there is one hit remaining to deal out. However, rules say that you can't shoot at units in melee...so, is this an exception and in this case the second hit may be delivered to the units in melee at range 3?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Schall
United States
Evans City
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the official answer, but it seems to me the spill-over fire should be directed at a random unit (including perhaps a friendly force).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Verssen
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
The 2nd Hit would be lost.

Only Melee Hits spill out of the targeted area to the adjoining area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! I totally missed that in the rulebook.

But if I score two hits, and there had been two formations in space 2, I could apply one hit to each correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Churley
United States
flag msg tools
I thought there was a rule that said something like, "an advance order should be ignored if it would bring the force past an enemy force, therefore there should never be opposing forces behind each other"

This would prevent there from being a situation with 2 melee's occuring in 2 seperate sections of the battlefield. Unless I completely misread your post

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Verssen
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
If there are two forces in the same area with the same quality, you can split the Hits if you like, or apply them both to one force.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Verssen
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Josh - Right, there can only be one melee area on the battlefield at a time.

If you score 2 hits in melee, and there is only one step of enemy forces in melee, the second hit would carry forward to the adjacent area. If there are enemy forces in that area, you would apply it as normal to one of those forces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok I have resisted temptation long enough..

It depends if you only use "A whiff of grapeshot" or not :D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.