Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 1:
"Viele haben eine militärische Funktion, beispielsweise R Infanterie..."

Page 2:
"Britische Anfangsorte sind rot. Auf rote quadratische Orte werden blaue rote Dorfquader gesetzt."

Page 4:
"Das Geld bildet die Bank und wird neben den Spielplan gelegt."

Page 10. Kaufmann:
"...kann anschließend eine oder zwei Karten mit Goldsymbolen spielen und dann..."

Page 10. Händler:
Is a copy of the Kaufmann description and therefore totally wrong.

Page 11. Rückzug von Belagerung.
"This is a free action" is missing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Germany
flag msg tools
[G]RRRRRRRRRR
badge
[G]RRRRRRRRRR
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this refer to the PDF version? In my printed rules, the mistakes on page 10 have been corrected. The others still remain, however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Wegner
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I can confirm, that the errors on page 10 have been corrected in the printed rules.

However, I've detected a new errata:

page 6: Important restrictions on the use of location cards

"You cannot use a location card in any manner if you do not have
control of that location or if it is not connected to either Boston
(if you are the British) or Quebec (if you are the French), or if it is under siege. [...]" [my emphasis]

Seite 6: Einschränkungen für den Gebrauch von Ortskarten

"Ein Spieler kann eine Ortskarte in keiner Weise benutzen, falls
er nicht den Ort kontrolliert oder falls der Ort nicht mit entweder
Boston verbunden ist (das gilt für den britischen Spieler)
oder mit Quebec (das gilt für den französischen Spieler). [...]"

Es fehlt der Halbsatz, dass eine Ortskarte nicht gespielt werden kann, wenn der Ort unter Belagerung ist.

####

Honestly, these (translation) errors in Treefrog rules (London has them, too) start to annoy me, because they are crucial to game play. Looks as if the German translator Ferdinand Köther is a bit overstrained, due to too many translation projects he is running at once. On 20-07-2011 he writes in the German Spielbox forum [thread: A few acres of snow]:

"G liegt noch angefangen auf Halde, war damals nicht so eilig, dann kamen immer wieder andere Projekte dazwischen, sorry.
Ist nicht vergessen und hoffe, das ca. bis zur Spiel (in diesem Jahr) erledigt zu haben - I'll try, but no promise."

Note: G means Gettysburg, a translation that he hasn't finished yet. Reason: Too many other projects.

Okay Ferdinand, please let me say: Consider to reduce your projects. But if you do it, do it right (which includes careful proofreading). Or don't do it at all.

~Thomas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Puffe
Germany
Elxleben IK
Thüringen
flag msg tools
badge
Bazinga!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the 2nd edition of the game und corrected German rules.
Why say the German Rules that the French player starts with 7 and the British player with 10 coins altough the other rules in English/French say it's 5 and 12 coins?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.