Popular Tags: [View All]
G. Gomez
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Purchased this on eBay missing Elf, Dwarf and Wizard hero figures. I can certainly replace these with other WH Citadel minis. In fact I can already used the pewter LOTR minis available here. I have a few extra ones, but it's always nice to have the complete game as intended.
I can get the originals on eBay from the UK for about $20.00, is that reasonable or too much?
Are there better options for getting this kinda stuff in the US?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.tocoking.be/hotspot
mbmbmb
I've seen better prices at eBay. Just wait and see. 20 is too much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Gomez
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I thought so. I'll just be patient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I may have a spare set around here. I'll check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, the game "as intended" has you buying the miniatures of all the "boss" monsters, plus those in the bestiary. See if you can get a copy of HeroQuest. The mini's have the same sculpting style as AHQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Gomez
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I do own the regular HeroQuest, but those figures have their own stats.

BTW, the $20.00 minis were for each individual mini, not for the whole set! I guess that settles that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driptorch
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just acquired a used copy locally. It has one Henchmen (Henchman?) missing, but on the plus side it has some extra miniatures.

[Edit]I'm having trouble tracking down a "comprehensive" parts list to find out exactly which minis I'm missing since it appears that more than one copy of Advanced Heroquest went into "making" my copy.

For example: Of the 12 Henchmen, how many should be Sergeants, Men-At-Arms with Halberds and Men-At-Arms with Glaives? What about their shield pairings?

I have the same problem with the Skaven's sword types and shield pairings.

I found a picture of the miniatures still on the sprue - there should be four of each type of Henchmen. The pic was rather grainy, and couldn't quite make out the Skaven on the sprue, but I suspect that there should be four of each type as well, and wouldn't doubt there should be four of each type of Skaven shield.

[Edit] You may want to try posting the parts you "Need" and "Have" on the 2011 SPARE PARTS RESOURCE LIST under the "Advanced Heroquest" entry. I have been able to complete some games by the generous members on this site.

(Apologies for the multiple edits.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Gomez
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've already replaced the missing minis. It took an eBay order from the UK, but everything was fine. Including price. I purchased additional minis from the same seller to make the shipping worthwhile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.