Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Moore
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
The rules mention nothing about payment. My last game involved an opponent who used this to conduct free inspections of my hand, knowing I hadn't any military.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
catmando wrote:
The rules mention nothing about payment. My last game involved an opponent who used this to conduct free inspections of my hand, knowing I hadn't any military.

Free as in beer, sure. But it still costs them an action they could be using for something else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Keates
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well...you still need a card that can be played as an ambush, right? so he's also missing out on retaining a card that could block a future raid/ambush from you arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ove Ahlman
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say that using native americans to Ambush will also cost you one money. Since the card say "Pay 1 money to use this card...".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Paull
United Kingdom
HUNTINGDON
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Linkor wrote:
I'd say that using native americans to Ambush will also cost you one money. Since the card say "Pay 1 money to use this card...".

This is correct. Native Americans will cost one money to ambush or raid. Rangers and Coureurs de Bois cost nothing to ambush or raid.

[And note that it costs nothing to block, except play of the card. Easy to miss this!]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Moore
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Linkor wrote:

That's the question. The card says, Pay one money, but the rules don't call for anyone to be paid in order to conduct ambushes. Willing to agree that the Indians require payment no matter what, but don't feel confident about it, rules-wise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Paull
United Kingdom
HUNTINGDON
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
catmando wrote:
Linkor wrote:

That's the question. The card says, Pay one money, but the rules don't call for anyone to be paid in order to conduct ambushes. Willing to agree that the Indians require payment no matter what, but don't feel confident about it, rules-wise.

The card clearly says "Pay one money to use this card to raid or ambush". I can't see the ambiguity in this. The rule book doesn't need to repeat this for you to know that one money is required to ambush with Native Indians. Compare: the Reinforce a Siege action doesn't say you have to pay to use Siege Artillery, but you know you do have to pay, because it says on the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The back of both player display sheets also confirm this:

"Pay one money to use this card to raid or ambush."

That's two places that give us the information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Keates
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the same subject, one of my opponents asked me how to draft a native american card into his deck! hahaha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Moore
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Alan Paull wrote:
catmando wrote:
Linkor wrote:

The card clearly says "Pay one money to use this card to raid or ambush". I can't see the ambiguity in this. The rule book doesn't need to repeat this for you to know that one money is required to ambush with Native Indians. Compare: the Reinforce a Siege action doesn't say you have to pay to use Siege Artillery, but you know you do have to pay, because it says on the card.

"Mr Hanky, the Christmas Poo/He loves me and I love you/So by extension he loves you too"

Never studied the NA card very closely, it seems. Read the ambush paragraph in rules, noted the lack of a payment clause, took the ball and ran with it . . . does this mean Mr Hanky doesn't really love me after all?

I guess it depends if I'm the one singing the song.

Thanks all.

PS nice job on describing the difficulties of besieging Quebec, Mr P. Enjoyed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules talk about paying 2 coins for a 2-NA-card raid. The rules also talk about not paying money to use the NA cards to stop a raid.

catmando wrote:
Alan Paull wrote:
catmando wrote:
Linkor wrote:

"Mr Hanky, the Christmas Poo/He loves me and I love you/So by extension he loves you too"

Never studied the NA card very closely, it seems. Read the ambush paragraph in rules, noted the lack of a payment clause, took the ball and ran with it . . . does this mean Mr Hanky doesn't really love me after all?

I guess it depends if I'm the one singing the song.

Thanks all.

PS nice job on describing the difficulties of besieging Quebec, Mr P. Enjoyed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Moore
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
But does Mr Hanky love me or not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.