Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Fryer
United States
Woodstock
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having played this WONDERFUL game a total of seven times now, it seems the black army (Tokugawa) is stronger, having won five of the games over the gold (Ishida). This would fit the historical outcome, but could be more of my ineptness, having played mostly the Ishida. I'm wondering what the experience has been for the rest of the gaming community?

For those who have not yet played this game, it is a blend of brilliance and simplicty. The replay value is also outstanding, with setup different every game.

The most casualties suffered by an army so far in a game has been 31 by the gold, where they took a beating, losing many battles with losses of three and four blocks per!

The game we played this afternoon was won by my friend in a convincing manner, he with the gold pieces, proving Tokugawa is not invicible!

This game is destined to become a classic in the wargaming community.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Workman
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm just jealous. Mine's stickered and ready, but have not had a chance or an opponent to play yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Koutsouris
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played the game twice, and in the first game we missed the rules about redrawing cards after battle wow. That being said, I played Ishida in my second game and I managed to take a grip of the game quite early and won in week four. In the discussions after the game, we both wondered if Sekigahara is unbalanced favoring Ishida. So it makes me glad to hear that you think it’s the opposite: that indicates that it is balanced.

I've only played it properly once, but I feel like one need to have quite different strategies depending on which side one plays. If your play style doesn't match the faction you play, then you're going to have a hard time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caspar Præstegaard
Denmark
flag msg tools
Bear in mind that you are probably playing the 2nd edition, while the original question pertained the the 1st edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.