Popular Tags: [View All]
Evan Champie
United States
Eureka
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a head scratcher for me, mostly because most other rules have made "sense" in the context of an action movie.

Is it true the Mammoth can pick up and use any items, just like a regular trooper?

It appears to be a sealed cockpit with little stubby drill arms... how does it pull the trigger on guns!? How does Kevlar even help it!?

This might have to be houseruled for my sanity...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hello, what is your name?
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, the Big Mam can use any weapon just as a regular soldier would (minus the jetpack, of course). In the context of a game mechanic, it provides more streamlined rules with less exceptions, making this complex game slightly easier to understand and play (and really, his guns and armour are among the best when compared to most equipment in the game, anyway).

In a thematic context, it's been confirmed that the Mam is really a tank with a person on the inside controlling him. So, for shooting you could think of it as the person coming out of the hatch to shoot at something, for instance. You could interpret the Kevlar armour as the guy in the tank wearing the armour himself. Although it usually wouldn't be beneficial to have the Mammoth carry the armour anyway, considering it would drop its armour down to 5 as opposed to 6, provided the Mammoth isn't wounded (I know this drop in armour doesn't make sense when using my example-just roll with it ).

From a personal perspective, it probably isn't that big of a deal either way, and the game is free to be changed in any way you feel appropriate. The game even seems to encourage personality and customization in its rules and design. Your sanity is most certainly not worth this rule .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heroic Brewer
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What was said above is true, the mammoth is being piloted by a human. This is explained in the capture rules, where if the mammoth is captured, the capturing character actually crawls into it as its pilot.

If your mammoth ever runs out of ammo (by running out of destroyed wall sections), you'll need to find and use other weapons since you won't be able to fire your primary anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.