Subject: This game tricked me... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Stark
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just played my first game. I don't know if this was by design or not, but I got seriously lulled into a false sense of security. I was well past the halfway point of the deck and everything was looking great. Almost too great. I had a good amount of supplies and ammo, 5 full strength heroes, only one reduced rate civilian, all but one refugee in the camp (the other had not yet been released) an infection level of 2 and no zeds on the board. How could I not breeze to victory? I don't think I need to tell you what happened from then on out...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha!! Your post just made me laugh out loud, Aaron! If you only knew how many times I've had the same feeling .... Now I've learned that as soon as you feel secure, you're in very DEEP trouble. "It's quiet .... TOO quiet!" Thanks and I hope you enjoy the game. Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Stark
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Oh hell yeah, it was a blast! I just know now not to get cocky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Stark
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I played another game tonight and won this time. Things went very differently this time. I struggled the whole game. Pretty much always had only 1 or 2 supplies and ammo, zeds were knocking on the fornt door the majority of the game, spend most of the game with half my civilians in the hospital, chaos markers galore (damn near every space that could have a choas marker DID have a chaos marker) yet somehow, I managed to tough it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Way to go Aaron! If you can position yourself to survive the wave of bad cards and maximize your advantage when the good cards come up, then you can win this thing. It's usually an ugly win, though - I've never had a pretty win! Good job! Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.