Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchase an AFV. How do I know whether it comes with an AAMG?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. R. Tracy
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I don't know what the official ruling is, but I always go with what is on the image on the card. Sometimes the countermix has a variety, though, so two of your five tanks might end up with AAMGs on the counter. In that case, I just assume they are all armed as per the depiction.

If you're talking DYO, you roll against the RF of the AAMG, assuming it's an option. If you're talking HASL, if it's not explicit I would roll against the RF there too. That's not an official answer, just my hunch.

JR

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That all sounds sensible. I have a (false?) memory of a rule buried somewhere stating that you get the AAMG, etc. armed ones if you need to draw that many to fulfill the 'head' count. So, say the counter mix has four Pz IVH w/o AAMG and two with AAMG. If you ever exceed four Pz IVH in play, then you start getting the AAMG ones gratis without having to sweat a RF DR. Check Chapter H, which is not all about DYO, since the Assault Engineer +2 SMOKE exponent rule is buried therein.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sielski
United States
Pequannock
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, somewhere in the ASLRB this is detailed. As JR mentioned, if it is a DYO you roll on the RF chart. Also, if it is a historical CG, the Historical rules detail RF when buying ... KGP comes to mind.

For the scenario cards, you take the image.There are some scenario's that put the AA down ... but if you're using A-F and F happens to be the AAMG, you use it. If there is a rule, it is in chapter A in the early intro / how to set up part that no one reads ... or it is in DYO/Armory.

I vaguely remember this to be the location of the rule.

Edit: I see Brent got his post up while I was typing ... and he is on the "vaguely remember the rule" as well ... so yeah ... that makes me beleive it is there ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. R. Tracy
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hats off to the vague recollections of Brent and Dr. Sielski! Here is the rule:

D1.84 OPTIONAL ARMAMENT: Some vehicles have different armament assortments. Procedures for purchasing such added armament in DYO scenarios are provided in H1.41. However, in official scenarios only the armament configuration illustrated in the scenario OB is available unless the number of such vehicles required exceeds the number provided in the game, in which case the excess can be composed of vehicles with optional armament (of the owner’s choice) provided that armament is available within that time frame.

JR

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, we are talking about Red Barricades. Hence the forum where I posted. The purchase is a Campaign Game purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. R. Tracy
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drmark64 wrote:
Hence the forum where I posted.

D'oh! This just popped up in my subscriptions under 'ASL' and I didn't even notice the RB tag. I looked in Chapter O without success, but I don't have the charts - not sure there's anything on those anyway. I think the later CGs are much better about this stuff.

[edit] Nothing in the charts, either. KGP explicitly tells you to roll for optional armament as per H1.41, at no additional CPP
cost.

JR
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I think they started paying attention to this in KGP.I can't recall what we did in RB; it's been many, many moons. We either treated the CG Purchase Table entry as an illustration (so, no optional armamaent until you had enough in your OB) or we did the RF roll for it. I'd lean towards the former.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sielski
United States
Pequannock
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played optional armament per D1.84 ... as the Campagin Game is actually ... one BIG scenario.

So we rolled under RF. I played about 12 campaign games FTF with 5 different oppoenents ... and we all came to that consensus. In the end ... it didn't affect much of anything anyway.

Red Briancades
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Retired Hurt

Brussels
Unspecified
msg tools
Keep an eye on availability dates (lettered notes).

Usually, German AFVs get optional AAMG in summer 1943.
ISTR this is the case for PzIIIH at least.

The proviso "when the whole countermix is in play, you get those AFVs with AAMg too" applies only if AAMGs are at all ava&ilable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.