Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D
United States
Asheville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So, I used to play warhammer. Both 40k and Fantasy, many moons ago. However I eventually gave it up with all the frustration over the prices and size and investment in ever changing rules and the like. One of the biggest factors in quitting for me was finding people to play with. I had a terrible time, TERRIBLE, finding persons to play the game with.

The more I read about infinity rules the more I like how it works. I have not read much of the fluff yet. Hopefully that turns out to be pretty good because the fluff and feeeeel of a game really draws me in more than fancy rules or cool mechanics. (warhammers dark and grizzly feel really drew me in despite some of the sillier things in it)

But will Infinity simply sit around as much or more than all my old warhammer guys? Will they become entombed in dust like my Imperial Guardsmen?

Maybe I have been trying to find players int he wrong ways or places all those years?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Butthole Hands
United States
Mercer Island
Wa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out the official Infinity website. There's a pretty big active community there. I LOVE the game, and one of the reasons its great is that once you grasp the concepts its really easy to teach. I recommend printing up the unofficial rules rewrite just to make it easier. I taught a couple of people I know in my area and they really took too it. Infinity is so much less rules intensive than Warhammer since you don't have to rely on a codex to tell you how to play a faction.

Also check out the official Army Builder if you haven't already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Japan
Saitama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, what Joe says holds true. The official website, and especially the forums are a great place for finding people and answers. It's one of the most friendly and helpful gaming communities I've come across. You might be especially interested in this player finder thread.

But even if there are no players in your area give it a go anyway. I've discovered that it's exceedingly easy to get other players into this game after they see the models and hear about the rules (or even better, trying them!). Imho it's the best skirmish game around and I'd even go so far as saying it's the best miniature game around!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.