Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Jessee
United States
Helena
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Need some clarification on this rule:

"When a player fails to complete a task and at least one of the rolled dice produced a terror result, he resolves all Terror effects on the Adventure card as well as any on the Mythos card currently in play."

When I look at the Mythos card resolution section, though, it indicates there are 2 effects: immediate & lingering

But no Terror effect...

So, when you resolve a terror effect on an Adventure card do you also apply the lingering effect of the current Mythos card? Or am I missing something here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jjessee wrote:
Need some clarification on this rule:

"When a player fails to complete a task and at least one of the rolled dice produced a terror result, he resolves all Terror effects on the Adventure card as well as any on the Mythos card currently in play."

When I look at the Mythos card resolution section, though, it indicates there are 2 effects: immediate & lingering

But no Terror effect...

So, when you resolve a terror effect on an Adventure card do you also apply the lingering effect of the current Mythos card? Or am I missing something here?

If the Mythos card indicates a "Terror:" effect, that applies to any instance of a task being failed and a Terror/tentacle being rolled. Some of them replace the Terror effects on cards for the duration of that "day".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jessee
United States
Helena
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK - that makes sense. I do not have the game yet and had not seen that on any of the card images. Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.