Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Collins
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the editor for the rulebook screwed up and made a pretty glaring mistake by missing some important information. Page 6 describes the rules for "Adjusting Oil Prices" and the very last line on the page reads "If the oil price slider shows a white price,....." and then it ends. Going over to page 7 it doesn't continue. So my question is what if the price slider shows a white price? Assumptions can be made as to what it is supposed to say, but being new to the game and unfamiliar with it's mechanics I feel this is a pretty important piece of missing information. It's surprising this hasn't been brought up yet, perhaps not enough people have purchased the game as of yet. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Saul-Sehy
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It does continue. The formatting just isn't ideal because it goes directly into the bullets on page 07.

If the oil price shows a white slider, you'll move up when the die shows a blue number and down when the die shoes a red one.

As someone who had considerable difficulty with these rules, I feel your pain. The good news is that the game plays very easily once you reach your second turn (it's mostly later, rinse, repeat).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark M
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the same thing as the OP at first. Read that section about five times and the rulebook about three times before daring a game. As said, the game actually plays pretty simply and once I dechiphered that sprung it on some casual gamers who liked the theme and the box. We had a fun time, but took awhile to play - likely could cut down playtime having another go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.