Brenton Haerr
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

I have been working on two games for the last few weeks and have both of them at the point where they will probably be ready to playtest (alpha build) in the next week or two. Rather than release both, however, I would like to ask which you would be more interested in.

Hijinx on the High Seas is a bidding game based (loosely) on the concept of Liar's Dice. The players are pirate captains looking to make the most money within a limited allotment of turns. Using custom dice, players must choose how best to distribute their limited number of Pirates across the city, with the ultimate aim of gaining the most treasure chests and largest crew before the end of the game.

(Click to embiggen)

The Great Steam Empire is a light deckbuilding game set in a steampunk world in which the players lead kingdoms as they strive to develop the largest empire in the world by obtaining soldiers and steam-powered automata to lay claim to valuable territories. Players compete directly with their opponents to claim territory by exploring faster and further than their enemies, and they can do battle to seize the land that their opponents have already claimed.

(Click to embiggen)

Well, which would you be more interested in playing? Both games are designed for 2-4 players, and both can be played by two players in about 30-45 minutes. I have not tested either with 3 or 4, and am looking for help in those areas. I can have rules written up for either in a week, and would like your input on which you would be interested in testing!

Thanks,

Brenton
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Great Steam Empire sounds more like my thing, and of the two games, it would probably be more appealing to my wife, since it is more mechanically familiar to her.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Swan
Ireland
Dublin 18
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The great steam empire for me too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.