Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Complete & Sufficient Statistician
United States
North Potomac
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing a 2-player game, and we were supposed to attach Caught in a Web to a character belonging to the player with the highest threat level. We both had a threat level of 29. Who takes the card?

The first player?
Whoever the first player chooses?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friederike
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoever the first player chooses
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
North Potomac
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you.

Is that a guess, or can be inferred from something in the rules or FAQ? I can't find anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friederike
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As it is not explicitely stated I would assume it works the same way as in other similar situations. We would surely play it that way.

I could not find a special rule for that card either (same as you), so my conclusion is that the first player chooses as is the case in similar situations. Sorry for not being more detailed in my first post, I was in a hurry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Warrender
United States
Rockaway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fenriz wrote:
Thank you.

Is that a guess, or can be inferred from something in the rules or FAQ? I can't find anything.

1.03 from the FAQ:

"If an encounter or quest effect attempts to target a single player or card, and there are multiple eligible targets, the first player selects the target of the effect from among the eligible options."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The official FAQ uses Caught in a Web explicitly as their example for 1.03. It's about as non-inferred as you get
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
North Potomac
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I read the FAQ (well, obviously I guess it was more like "browse"). I don't know how I missed that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.