Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
R S
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmb
At Play.com until midnight Monday 29th August:

http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/20016593/BattleLore-B...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Williams
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
www.ormistonwhisky.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [UK] Battles of Westeros £39.00 delivered
good find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dion Baxter
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And even better, I managed to grab a PLAYTRADE copy (new) for £22.31 (Free delivery) from the Book Depository!!!

Hope they honour the deal as the same company is selling the identical game for £56.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack H.
United Kingdom
Rochester
Kent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A word of warning: I've bought on Playtrade before at very low prices and it has twice turned out to be expansions/different versions of that which I wanted!

Hope it works out fine for you, though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Fightmaster
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Damn... missed it.

I note that the AGOT LCG Core Set is selling there for £28 delivered though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dion Baxter
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zombiejack wrote:
A word of warning: I've bought on Playtrade before at very low prices and it has twice turned out to be expansions/different versions of that which I wanted!

They sent me a Goblin Army expansion! Not the game they advertised and pointless for the Westeros game anyway!

I'm now in the process of explaining to them that this was clearly not what was described/ pictured on their site. angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon are doing the Start reinforcements set for £16.49 and free postage - best I've seen it. That's from Amazon themselves, not a playtrader!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Battles-Westeros-Battlelore-Wardens-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Lewis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PinkyMan wrote:
zombiejack wrote:

They sent me a Goblin Army expansion! Not the game they advertised and pointless for the Westeros game anyway!

I'm now in the process of explaining to them that this was clearly not what was described/ pictured on their site. angry

Yes me too i have emailed them and awaiting response. Could you let me know what they tell you!
I had a feeling it was to good to be true!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dion Baxter
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
size38waist wrote:
PinkyMan wrote:
zombiejack wrote:

Yes me too i have emailed them and awaiting response. Could you let me know what they tell you!
I had a feeling it was to good to be true!

This is the response I got from The Book Depository after my email to Playtrade:

Dear Sir/Madam,
I'm terribly sorry to hear that the title you received is not what you ordered. To help us establish how this error has occurred, please could you provide us with the ISBN number from the back of the book you have received, this is a ten or thirteen digit number usually found on the back of the book above the barcode, as this will help us look into this matter for you.

Kind Regards,

Kirsty Halford
Customer Advisor

Fingers crossed.
I'll let you know what they say next.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Lewis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok cool i still await what i hope is a similar email

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dion Baxter
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my reply.

I am sorry to report that we have mislisted this title, and will not therefore be able to supply the correct item as advertised. We will refund you in full for this order.

There is no need to return the book to us.

Kind Regards,

Heba

Heba Maher
Customer Advisor
The Book Depository ltd

Ah well, seemed too good to be true. BUT in all fairness to Book Depository they let me keep the expansion they sent.
I suspected that this was a genuine mistake on their part so it was worth a try. (I'm not going to an arsey customer and demand my 'rightful game' - I had enough of those types when I worked in retail.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Lewis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wow money back and a free expansion, that's fair enough! i still havnt had a reply. I assume you emailed the Book Depo direct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dion Baxter
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went through the PlayTrade customer service and then Book Depository sent me an email the next day. All sorted out within 48 hours.

Good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.