Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shawn Isenhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What counts as "defeating" an enemy for various quests? If I have the Barbarian, and I defeat two foes at one location and the surrounding locations all flee, does that count as defeating them for the quest? What about if I play a special card that removes all foes at a couple different locations? Do those count as defeated?

Hm... for the forging of the hero's variant - same question. If I have the barbarian who has her first two skills unlocked, if she defeats two foes and makes a third foe flee, does that count as defeating three foes for XP or just two?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure this is in a thread from long ago, but fleeing foes are not the same as defeated.

Using most special cards to remove minions does not count as defeated foes for the hero either, since it is usually a different entity that is doing the defeating (like a cavalry or militia). I know there is a special card where the hero must spend an action to use the card which defeats every minion at that hero's location, and in that case, that would count as the hero defeating those minions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Tete Montoliu - Tootie's Tempo
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomTurtle wrote:
I'm sure this is in a thread from long ago...

It's answered in the FAQ on page 10, in the section titled Engaging Minions in Combat (and needless to say, you gave the correct answer).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.