Hide
2 Posts

Munchkin Quest» Forums » Rules

Subject: A simple question. Playing curse after battle dice roll. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vash Stampede
msg tools
During my first game, I rolled two dice for myself and one for monster, of my color, and lost. Then I played card allowing me to re-roll dice, threy my two dice afain, and presumably won. And then my opponent played a curse card which makes me lose an item giving me a bonus, necessary to win this battle. Can this card change the outcome of this battle, or I'll lose an item after defeating this monster?

One part of the rules says:
"No more cards may be played after the main player’s roll unless they specify that they are to be used after the die roll."

Another part says
"A Curse may be played on ANY player at ANY time, unless the card says otherwise. Reducing someone’s abilities while he’s in combat is a lot of fun."
My opponents argue that "any time" automatically includes time between battle roll and the moment when battle has been concluded and victory decided.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lee
United States
East Meadow
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The curse can be played, however it will not affect the combat. The only things that can affect the combat after the dice are rolled are cards that specifically say that they may be played after the dice are rolled (I believe currently only the Loaded Die and Reloaded Die cards).

Note that the curse itself does *NOT* say it may be used after the die roll. You won the battle. You can still lose an item from the curse, however, but only after you gain the treasures and levels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.