• [+] Dice rolls
Joel Schuster
Germany
Bretten
Baden-W├╝rttemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And CHAPEAU to the erratum regarding the scoring of the ruiner bonus. This streamlines quite a few things so I very welcome the decision which probably wasnt an easy one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Tita
Romania
flag msg tools
+1! I love that change!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B
Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Praise be!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really glad FFG had the guts to change the rules to make them cleaner (and from what I can tell, more balanced). I was worried that they'd just stick to rulings on existing text.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic, just in time for some potential play tomorrow. Thanks FFG!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Pride
Indonesia
Jakarta
DKI Jakarta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always though The Under Empire upgrade from skaven would be triggered after scoring ruined region. But from the FAQ it seems it will be triggered after checking for ruination and ruiners score but BEFORE scoring ruined region.

Is this really the way it is? Then the upgrade seems not as good as I thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Darkmot wrote:
I always though The Under Empire upgrade from skaven would be triggered after scoring ruined region. But from the FAQ it seems it will be triggered after checking for ruination and ruiners score but BEFORE scoring ruined region.

Yes, you score for the bonus and then have the option to leave before the actual scoring takes place. You can exploit this in a couple ways:

1) Stay where you are if you can sneak 1st or 2nd place.
2) Leave just enough rats behind to sneak 1st or 2nd place and move the excess off to other regions.
3) Move everyone to another region to get those bonus points as well and possibly get in on that scoring or move again from there.

So you don't have the ability to score a region fully and then move those rats to score another. But you do have the ability to pick up as many bonuses as you can and manipulate the final scoring in what ergions you can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Pride
Indonesia
Jakarta
DKI Jakarta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Darkmot wrote:

Yes, you score for the bonus and then have the option to leave before the actual scoring takes place. You can exploit this in a couple ways:

1) Stay where you are if you can sneak 1st or 2nd place.
2) Leave just enough rats behind to sneak 1st or 2nd place and move the excess off to other regions.
3) Move everyone to another region to get those bonus points as well and possibly get in on that scoring or move again from there.

So you don't have the ability to score a region fully and then move those rats to score another. But you do have the ability to pick up as many bonuses as you can and manipulate the final scoring in what ergions you can.

That's certainly quite an exploit! Though rare, at least it could do something that Horned Rat cannot do before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.