Subject: Any info/pics from PAX Prime? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Rogerson
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
I was at pax prime today (Saturday) and they had it there, i gave the demo version a whirl and found it to be very fun, didn't snap any pics or video's and my game was rather quick (they streamlined it for demonstrations) I pre-ordered it because i thought it was a lot of great fun and could likely be setup and played with a lot less fuss than descent and also because i love to paint mini's especially ones with character and style which the game has in spades. if was was to discribe the games feel, i'd say it was like the video game guantlet (old school or even a bit of dark legacy if you went with 3d terrain)

once i get it i plan to make a coin slot thing to really play up the arcade style of the game. also the soda pop miniatures rep that demo'd the game said it could even work as a drinking game.

Hope this sheds a bit more light onto this game for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Waltier
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a pretty thorough verbal rundown of gameplay, and checked out all the components. The pieces look good enough when unpainted, but look amazing painted. You get a ton of material in the starter box, which I think justifies the price point. I'm excited to actually try out a multiplayer game of it when I have time or when it comes out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Morgan
United States
Old Bridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I snapped a pic of the demo at PAX Prime and included it in my roundup of 10 new or upcoming games that got a lot of attention at the con: http://geek-news.mtv.com/2011/08/31/the-hottest-new-tabletop...

I previously checked out the game at PAX East but it was not with the final pieces & board as seen here. I think the game looks great (and it plays well too) so it definitely has a shot to wedge itself into a crowded market of dungeon crawlers. I like it better than Descent or the D&D Adventure Series, personally, but it will be interesting to see how it breaks through without the big brand recognition those two have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.