Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Hinrichs
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've jumped into the LnL world by buying HotB. I think I'm starting in too deep.
Can any one suggest an order of the HotB scenarios that would reduce the learning curve (e.g. from simpliest, to most complex)?
The reviews are so great for this game, but I think HotB is for more experienced players.
Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Ferrari
United States
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HoB has some really great scenarios, but tend to encompass many of the rules and special rules in the LnL system. Phoney War is about the easiest scenario in the module. You should be able to play it by just reading the rules thru section 12, if I remember correctly.

My advice would be to go to the download section of LnL's website and download the Band of Heroes demo file. It has a really good intro scenario that includes only the rules needed to play it. Playing it a few times will allow you to get comfortable with the LnL system. With a few playings of it, you will be able to move to other scenarios more easily. Maybe Phoney War next, then read the ordnance rules and play another scenario with just infantry and ordnance. Then move on to ones with vehicles. Kind of a programed approach to learning LnL. And always feel free to ask questions here and at CSW. There are many knowledgable Players willing to answer questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Atack
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a general rule, just stick with the scenarios that only have infantry when you are in learning mode. Avoid vehicles and things like artillery to start when you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p55carroll
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Smooth seas make the voyage more pleasant.
badge
A ship in port is safe, and that's just what ports are for.
mbmbmbmbmb
In fact, you don't need to play a published scenario at all. Just put a few squads (and maybe a leader or machine gun) somewhere on a flat-terrain board, put a few enemy squads a ways away, and start playing. That's what I did a couple times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The main thing is to push some counters around and roll some dice. The concepts read a little complicated are simple to put into practice. Before long you stop needing to look at the charts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.