Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kent Pritchett
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a couple two-player games with my 6 year old. Basically the game contained a neutral power with its own planets. Since it was with a 6 year old no flares or technology was used. The neutral power did not get a turn or a hand, the only time it would form an alliance with 4 ships was to prevent another player from getting his final colony. For defending for the neutral power we choose our card first and pulled the top card of the deck until an attack card was pulled for the neutral power. Its power was one of the mandatory powers that did not involve attacking, hands, or allies. For our neutral power we choose the pacifist. And I choose alien powers from the green that my 6 year old could grasp. We actually had a lot of fun and my 6 year old wanted to play again with a different power. Believe it or not my 6 year old beat me twice but I blame it on luck since I stripped the game to be more basic for him. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!! Not a bad variant for 2 players, either. Well done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack of Clubs
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you pull a card for the neutral player until you got an attack, then the Pacifist power would never came into play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
True -- I assume he meant "encounter card" rather than attack card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So what were your powers and what were the kid's powers. Details, mon, details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Pritchett
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I meant encounter cards. The Pacifist held his own. 'N's came up quite often.

The first game I was the Macron, and my kid was the Zombie.
The second game I was the Spiff and my kid was the Mutant.

The first game was close but I remember the only card I had left was an 'N' and he pulled his encounter against me. So he was very lucky there since all my planets were well protected.

The second game he did even better and I can't remember the details of what happended. I know he pulled alot of high cards with the Mutant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Pritchett
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I played this with my six year old tonight this time we got his mother to join us for a fun filled game. My wife was the Sorcerer
My Son the Vacuum, and I was the trader. Really fun game but the best part and likely the best move of the night by my son was when my wife was winning. My son asked her to ally with him against me. He had one ship and she put in 3 and he plays a N and I play a 12. He similes and ask, "So mommey loses all her ships right?" It was priceless to see the look on my wife’s face. She still ended up winning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I remember when my kid figured out that trick. He was probably about 6 also, and pulled it on his twin brother. I was proud of him for reaching that conclusion on his own, but my other son was hurt by it and started crying. He refers to alliances as "being friends", and when Will started taunting him about making him lose ships, Nate wailed "But I'm your frieeeeeend!!!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, yes, it's always fun seeing someone learn the hard way why allying isn't always a good idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.