Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Green
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This convention is a small and local con, to raise funds for the Alameda Naval Air Museum in Alameda, California.

When: October 7-9, 2011

Where: Alameda Naval Air Museum, Alameda, California

What kind of Con is it?

It is a historically themed miniature and board game convention.

What is it called? First Raid

What games will be played?

There will be several Ancient miniature game systems played, Gladiators
(including Blue Sky and Red Sand), Ancients Galley warfare, Rorke's defense, Battle of the Russian and Japanese fleets in 1904, Aerodrome amongst others.

If you are interested please go to:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/firstraid/

Dan R. is running the event and is still accepting applicants for GMs.

It should be a fun and low key event.

Cheers,

Will Green

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larz Welo
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
No more stones. No more spears. No more slings. No more swords. No more weapons! NO MORE SYSTEMS!
badge
You can fire your arrows from the Tower of Babel, but you can never strike God!
mbmbmbmbmb
That's awesome! I won't be able to come, but I posted it up here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hobbs
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the google-challenged, here's a link to the Yahoo Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/firstraid/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I'm going "on record" as the FIRST to suggest you re-name this, unless it'll include: "First Panty RAID"; "Fridge"; "Melonpatch", etc. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lai
Hong Kong
Happy Valley
None
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greatredwarrior wrote:

Lars, we should create an ASIAN CON! Its just not fair, you Americans have all the fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larz Welo
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
No more stones. No more spears. No more slings. No more swords. No more weapons! NO MORE SYSTEMS!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Garfink wrote:
greatredwarrior wrote:

Lars, we should create an ASIAN CON! Its just not fair, you Americans have all the fun!

But where would we do it? My island (not sure about the northern side) is not appropriate since there's nothing like the facilities for this, but Jakarta would be nice. There's even been a gaming Con in Jakarta that I went to, Congklak Con, but I'm not sure that is going to happen again. If you put on a Con in Hong Kong definitely let me know! Maybe we could do it in Singapore? Of course, of the 3 other wargamers I know, anywhere outside of Jakarta just wouldn't be realistic, so I can only vouch for myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kreuzer
Australia
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
You guys are all welcome at CanCon - Australia Day Weekend (Jan 26) in Canberra, in South Asia.

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larz Welo
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mikekreuzer wrote:
You guys are all welcome at CanCon - Australia Day Weekend (Jan 26) in Canberra, in South Asia.

Mike

I thought Canberra was on a different continent...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lai
Hong Kong
Happy Valley
None
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greatredwarrior wrote:
mikekreuzer wrote:

Mike

Yes, Canberra is a separate continent WITHIN Australia! Any Australian would agree!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larz Welo
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Garfink wrote:
greatredwarrior wrote:
mikekreuzer wrote:

Mike

Yes, Canberra is a separate continent WITHIN Australia! Any Australian would agree!

Awesomeness! Actually, Australia costs about 3x as much to fly to as Hong Kong. However, Singapore is cheaper yet again...at least for me! Maybe we should get Aldie and Derk to give us some cash and put on a Con in Singapore...BGG ASEAN. Hong Kong would be included for friendliness sake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kreuzer
Australia
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
Garfink wrote:
greatredwarrior wrote:
mikekreuzer wrote:

Mike

Exactly. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lai
Hong Kong
Happy Valley
None
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greatredwarrior wrote:
Garfink wrote:
greatredwarrior wrote:
mikekreuzer wrote:

Mike

Awesomeness! Actually, Australia costs about 3x as much to fly to as Hong Kong. However, Singapore is cheaper yet again...at least for me! Maybe we should get Aldie and Derk to give us some cash and put on a Con in Singapore...BGG ASEAN. Hong Kong would be included for friendliness sake.

In fact there is enough patrons in Hong Kong to host an OFFICIAL CON, but since I've never been to one, I am not sure what it entails. I understand that game publishers come out enforce for some CONs and other CONs are just a group of guys playing games or competitions. Some are a combo of both. Neither am I sure about the scope and size of a CON either.

Maybe we can have our own little "pseudo" CON and invited a selected group of Asia Inhabiting BGGers. We'll only need about 8-12 people and we can rotate the venue annually, like: this year its at my place and the next year yours. You bring sleeping bags and your favorite games... What do you think Lars?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please don't forget us wargamers in the Philippines!! If you are interested in a CON, maybe we can help you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larz Welo
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Garfink wrote:
greatredwarrior wrote:
Garfink wrote:
greatredwarrior wrote:
mikekreuzer wrote:

Mike

In fact there is enough patrons in Hong Kong to host an OFFICIAL CON, but since I've never been to one, I am not sure what it entails. I understand that game publishers come out enforce for some CONs and other CONs are just a group of guys playing games or competitions. Some are a combo of both. Neither am I sure about the scope and size of a CON either.

Maybe we can have our own little "pseudo" CON and invited a selected group of Asia Inhabiting BGGers. We'll only need about 8-12 people and we can rotate the venue annually, like: this year its at my place and the next year yours. You bring sleeping bags and your favorite games... What do you think Lars?

That would work...but no one could stay at my place! blush My home is a little small for more than one guest at a time. However, there'd be great options available in Jakarta, and maybe even a chance for a homestay! If you're really serious we could try to whip one up! Wargame Con ASEAN! Send me a GM and we can trade ideas better that way and then make an announcement once we've got something figured out (if we get something figured out).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Humphries
Philippines
Unspecified
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be all for an Asian board wargaming con, especially if it rotates to the different countries in the region.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.