Subject: River Ninglor Art rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
There is a card River Langflood in the Conflict at the Carrock that shares the art with River Ninglor. I deduce that the mistake is with Ninglor since the illustrator of Langflood is also given credit for the Carrock location where one can see the style is similar. Also, the Carrock is actually hinted in the picture of the river location. Thus I wonder what was the original River Ninglor's art which was surely misplaced by accident as it is impossible to have one illustration with two different illustrators, at least in this instance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Elias
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm glad someone else finally wrote about this! I noticed the same thing too and I came to the same conclusion as you, that Langflood is the correct art and Ninglor is the mistake. I was a little bummed by this because the location art is some of my favorite in the game. I also looked it up on the middle earth map and noticed that the Ninglor is nowhere near the Carrock so that art wouldn't make sense.

Oh well, I suppose they're allowed a couple mistakes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
mbmbmbmbmb
narsil0420 wrote:
I also looked it up on the middle earth map and noticed that the Ninglor is nowhere near the Carrock so that art wouldn't make sense.

My understanding is that Ninglor is the Elvish name for the Gladden River which is about 150 miles south of the Carrock. Given the scarcity of named locations around the Carrock, having a Ninglor location seems reasonable to me. Sure, Rivendell is about the same distance away but it is over the Misty Mountains while the Ninglor can be reached by boat down the Anduin.

Edit: Elven -> Elvish

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.