Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darian Tucker
United States
New Smyrna Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombie's ships don't go to the warp. Bully gets to select where losing ships come from. This sparked an interesting debate last night. Bully says nothing about sending ships to the warp as part of his power, just that he gets to specify where the losing ships must come from. Zombie argued that because her ships never go to the warp, I can't use my power against her. I respectfully disagreed, but it would have made a significant difference in the game because she had 4 colonies and was in prime position to win.

Who's right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bully can choose Zombie ships; they just don't go to the Warp or anywhere. It's like throwing Nerf balls at Superman; you can do it, but it's pointless unless you're looking for a laugh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Franco
United States
Maplewood
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
If you could touch the alien sand and hear the cries of strange birds and watch them wheel in another sky, would that satisfy you?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... Could Bully force Zombie to abandon colonies for other colonies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
logopolys wrote:
Hmmm... Could Bully force Zombie to abandon colonies for other colonies?

Yes. Bully can choose which ships Zombie must lose, and then Zombie just moves those ships to other colonies. So Bully needs to target entire colonies when he makes his selection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darian Tucker
United States
New Smyrna Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I thought, too. I'll play hard line next time if this ever happens again. It didn't seem fair that I couldn't pick where the ships came from just because Zombie was dumb enough to have 4 1-ship colonies in a game with Bully. Just saying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SparkingConduit wrote:
That's what I thought, too. I'll play hard line next time if this ever happens again. It didn't seem fair that I couldn't pick where the ships came from just because Zombie was dumb enough to have 4 1-ship colonies in a game with Bully. Just saying.

Yep, that was pretty shortsighted of her.

Shadow and Bully are two of the powers that force players to be more thoughtful on how they fortify their colonies. It really shakes up the game in an interesting way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
and Hate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Katz
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SparkingConduit wrote:

That is precisely what Bully is supposed to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.