Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steffen Soller
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
5 noobs about to play a game of Here I stand and I cat figure out why there are some cards that shows a "D" in the space where it usually shows the CPs?

Also, the Turn 1 cards are purple in the back while the rest is brown. is this just to find them easier later on or is there a point to that? I am worried that we are using the wrong cards for Turn 1...I was going to use all of the Turn 1 cards (I believe these are the ones with the purple back) and the big stack of cards that do not have the Turn 2, 3, 4, etc. language or which are variable and say play after SL etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knut Johannessen
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmb
It's the diplomacy deck (like it says on the purple back) for playing the two player game .
You don't need it when playing the full game. Have fun playing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Soller
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ahh thanks - that explains it!

Also, what is a target language zone?

I am trying to figure out when the Papacz wins ties and it just says to pick a TARGET (it can be in any language zone) but the papacz only wins ties if (they have the right Pope) it is in the target language zone?!

What is the target language zone? (French, English, German?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Argorius wrote:
ahh thanks - that explains it!

Also, what is a target language zone?

I am trying to figure out when the Papacz wins ties and it just says to pick a TARGET (it can be in any language zone) but the papacz only wins ties if (they have the right Pope) it is in the target language zone?!

What is the target language zone? (French, English, German?)

The target language zone is picked by the player doing the converting. There are 5 language zones on the map (French, English, German, Spanish, Italian). I have never seen the last two used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Koens
United States
Watsonville
California
flag msg tools
badge
marks the spot.
mbmbmbmbmb
To clarify, when performing a treatise/burn books action, one of the five language zones must be targeted. You are allowed to attempt to convert spaces outside of the targeted zone with the action, but you lose ties (rather than win them, if you normally would win ties.)

Similarly, when debates are initiated against/by reformers, the victor flips spaces in the language zone of the reformer (unless there are none left, in which case any eligible spaces outside the reformer's language zone may be flipped.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Soller
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One other question - what happens to Prague after the Ottoman win the war againt Hungary? In our game, Prague was just left alone and the Ottoman won the war after eliminating one unit from Buda while having taken the other major city.

Now Hapsburg and Hungary are allies but what happens to Prague - does it just stay as Hungary?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Hewson
United Kingdom
Surbiton
Surrey
flag msg tools
I bought this...
badge
...as I had no idea what to spend my GG on!
mbmbmbmbmb
When a major power is allied to a minor power it fills all the minor power spaces with its control markers (be they HCM or SCM). So Prague gets a Habs SCM as a new key for free for the Habs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.