Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Rocchi
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
I just found a copy of Atlantic Star, and while Funagain lists it as language independent, the photo on the back clearly shows some German text. I know some companies use the photos of foreign editions on the back of english language editions, but can somebody who knows tell me how much language there is?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically, there is language on the individual player boards, but it has little to no impact on game play.

The game is basically about letters, numbers, and colours, and you will have no problems playing it in German.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pennisi
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, the German text is irrelevant. The player refernce cards have a turn summary in German but all of the boat names are in english. Like Michael said, it's all about colors and numbers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rocchi
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
Was there ever an English version?

(I suppose I could just open the box and find out which edition I have and how much language there is..)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Ridgeway
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I had a copy of this game, it was the original Queen version (I don't think there was an English printing ever), but mine came with a set of English rules and English player aids too. I was surprised when I got it because I didn't think it was supposed to come with any English parts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff W
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkCelt wrote:
Was there ever an English version?

Nope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Favre4MVP wrote:
When I had a copy of this game, it was the original Queen version (I don't think there was an English printing ever), but mine came with a set of English rules and English player aids too. I was surprised when I got it because I didn't think it was supposed to come with any English parts.

The back of the box has a description of the game in 5 languages but my copy came only with German rules and player aids.

I think this was done in the days when Queen wasn't really distributing into the US or the UK hence the lack of english rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.