4 Posts

All Things Zombie: Better Dead Than Zed!» Forums » General

Subject: Ok looking for some information rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Holland
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have purchased ATZ: the Board Game and love it. Now I am interested in playing and purchasing this. What do I really need to start? I saw there is a starter box? Do the mini's come painted? What about Terrain? what is good to get for this game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hey,

You don't need anything more than the rules to play at the most basic.

The ATZ boxed set has 15mm figs I think... too small for me to paint... 28mm is my smallest thing to attempt with but they're good to get you going if you'd like. I don't think they're painted but check on the website... you never know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Holland
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the information. I am really looking for what scale the pictures are in. Really wondering what scale that is. What material is the terrain made of? Really looking to go all in on this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Trouten
United States
Davison
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As Mike mentioned the Rebel Minis boxed set are 15mm miniatures. These are roughly equivelent to HO scale Model railroad scenery, and you can use most Hot Wheel and Matchbox diecast cars with the 15mm minis. Unfortunately they do not come painted you have to do this yourself, or pay someone to paint them for you.

The most common scale used for ATZ seems to be 28mm. At this scale you can use diecast vehicles ranging from roughly 1/40th to 1/50th and have them look good. Most people also use either O scale Model railroad buildings or they build their own either from Cardstock (such as the world works Games scenery, all you do is print out the scenery on cardstock, cut and assemble to suit you needs) or they scratch build (they build their own scenery out of bits stuff they have laying around or supplies they have purchased (such as Styrene {plastic} sheeting, plastic rods, plaster/resin parts they either cast themselves or purchased, etc...).

If you are looking for info on ATZ itself I have a thread here on where to purchase the game rules and what else is available for it from Two Hour Wargames. Also the Two Hour Wargames yahoo Group is a great place to go if you need help with any of the rules (I believe I have the link in the thread I mentioned on where to get ATZ).

Now I myself primarily use 28mm minis, you have a great source of miniatures available from companies such as (just to name a small sampling of the companies) Reaper, Hasslefree, Zombiesmith, Victory Force, Studio Miniatures, etc... I do have some 15mm minis that were originally released by Two Hour Wargames before the molds were sold to Rebel Minis, these only get used when I am testing out new rules (both official and house rules by others or myself), new items, or when I want to play a small quick game and I don't have much room for the game.

No matter what route you chose 15mm or 28mm ATZ is a great game, just take your time learning the rules, and have fun. BTW if you play 15mm instead of using the measurements as inches use them as centimeters ,it works a lot better for the smaller size of the minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.