StevenE Smooth Sailing...
Questions on combat.
1. If combat is initiated does the defender have to stand their ground?
1a. Can the defender opt to retreat immediately?
1b. If they can do they suffer a 1 block loss?
2. What happens if the defender holds no cards to deploy a block (no matching mon)?
3. Is it mandatory to deploy a special block if present and player holds no matching mon to deploy initial blocks (see question 2)?
4. If a leader is deployed at the begining of a battle (8.2.4) and the player suffers losses due to impact must the leader be removed as it was first deployed?
Great game design makes the complex simple, replayability maximum, and abstraction credible.
It’s not how well you roll that counts but how well the dice suit the game.
1. There must still be a battle, but the defender can choose to play no cards. The attacker still gets the opportunity to inflict as much Impact as desired before the defender gets to retreat (if he survives).
2. That's the aim of the game - to catch the other side out. The other side then gets to inflict as much Impact as it desires.
3. No, you can husband your cards for future battles if that's what you desire. It's up to each side, how much impact they want to inflict.
4. The first losses of a battle (after blocks that swapped their loyalty) must come from blocks deployed. If you have deployed a leader plus another block, and must take 1 loss - you choose which to kill. If you need to take 2 losses, both blocks will die. If you've only deployed a leader and have to take 1 loss, it's bye bye Daimyo.
- Last edited Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:41 am (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:20 am
As I read the rules, there is NO retreat before combat. It came up in our game the other night, too. It's tough, but...that's Sekigahara!