Popular Tags: [View All]
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played this game for the first time this evening, and it seems a lot of fun. We played it once through as we first read the rules, but there was a small disagreement about the interpretation and I wondered if anyone had a more "official" answer.

The rules that we read were broken into two sections, the "initial hand" and the "normal turn". For the initial hand, die is rolled and the first person to fill the order is the "lead" (caller). So, now we turn to the "normal turn" rules.

Normal turn says the lead calls out the order and goes until it is filled. If the order goes around enough times that the order requirement is zero items, the person to the left of the lead takes the new lead. Nowhere in the "normal turn" does it say the lead changes in any other way, so the lead stayed the lead in our game (until the hand was complete and another round was dealt)

However, a small comment about that last rule makes me think the lead should go to the person who fills the order. The comment was something like: "after the ingredient requirement drops to zero, the person to the lead's left is assumed to have filled the order". I can't think of why the comment would be made unless the lead was normally supposed to go to the person filling the order.

Is this how we should interpret the rules? Any comments?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Assuming you have the most recent printing in the green box, at the bottom of the center column of the first page of the rules, under the heading, More Orders it says:
Quote:
When you fill an order, you become the "leader"...you determine the next order. You may roll or call, as above. Use the sand timer on every order after the first. If the leader takes too long to decide and the timer runs out, the other players may call out "Now!" (or "Brainnnnnsss"...) and the leader must either immediately call an order, or roll. Remember, we are all fast-food-selling zombies here, and we don't think about anything very long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, fast response! Thanks. I'm pretty sure we don't have that version of the rules. I'll go print it off. =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Davies
United Kingdom
Winchmore Hill
London
flag msg tools
Lv 30 Lawful/Evil Human Dungeon Master
badge
In Toruk's name!
mb
hskrfn822 wrote:
Assuming you have the most recent printing in the green box, at the bottom of the center column of the first page of the rules, under the heading, More Orders it says:
Quote:
When you fill an order, you become the "leader"...you determine the next order. You may roll or call, as above. Use the sand timer on every order after the first. If the leader takes too long to decide and the timer runs out, the other players may call out "Now!" (or "Brainnnnnsss"...) and the leader must either immediately call an order, or roll. Remember, we are all fast-food-selling zombies here, and we don't think about anything very long.

Wow, I do not have that text in my rulebook, and I need it to bat slow players over the head with

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.