Subject: About Capitolium rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Asgeir Jonsson
Iceland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am wondering if I understand the rules correctly. It says that u can make use of the tiles benefit in the next round. Which would mean that you could lose the tile before you can use it.

Lets say I put a worker on space 1. on the Capitolium and in phase 6 I choose Quaestor. In phase 8 I dont get to collect denari from other players because the rules say ''next round''.

In the next round someone else puts a worker on the capitolium and in phase 6 he chooses to take the Quaestor from me, resulting in me never using the Quaestor, and this could go on and on the whole game.

It just sounds strange especially since the player controlling the princeps gets to use the ability right away, making it a much better tile I would guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Eig
United States
Huntington
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think you are misinterpreting the rules.
The Quaestor, Augur, and Matrona all are activated immediately afterward, in phase 8 - next round preparations.

Only two are activated the round after receiving them:
Princeps is activated next round in phase 2 - placing workers
Tribunis Plebis is activated next round while activating factions abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asgeir Jonsson
Iceland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the rules say clearly that you make use of the benefits in the next round and phase 8 would then not belong to the next round after recieving the tiles. But it makes much more sense to play it like you explained.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Eig
United States
Huntington
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think the language is just sloppy, but the intent seems clear in context with the rest of the rulebook - it mentions that you get "to make use of its benefit in the next round", but I would interpret the "next round" here to mean "the period of time between now and the next Basilica phase"

It seems even more clear in the Phase 8 section, where it clearly states that the Auger, Matrona, and Quaestor receive their benefits here - the plain language again indicates that the current owner receives the benefit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.