Matthew Baes
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
I stumbled upon a game years back before I even joined BGG, seemed like an interesting game but now I can't remember its name! I can vaguely remember the details either...hopefully you guys can propose titles so I can look them up here! Here's what i remember of it:

Its a science fiction competitive game which i think is set in a space ship and i think the object of the game was to be the first or at least not to be the last to get into an escape pod (as there is a shortage of escape pods) because i think the ship was going to explode or something. I think the characters were aliens or maybe humans with alien enemies or maybe there werent enemies at all but rather was p vs p vs p(sorry my recollection is really vague). I think some of the items in the game were lazer pistols, oxygen tanks, pipe or something to bash a head in with.

thanks for any help you can give!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc B.
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sucking Vacuum
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
My first thought was Red November.

It's set on a submarine with gnomes and is almost certainly wrong but it's my offering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nowak
United States
Greenville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
You have paid retail for the last time.
badge
The human race, to which so many of my readers belong, has been playing at children's games from the beginning, and will probably do it till the end, which is a nuisance for the few people who grow up. - GKC
mbmbmbmbmb
The Omega Virus?

I remembered that the guy that owned All Things Fun in NJ published/designed a game like that. Looked up the store, found his name, cross-checked his publishing credits to find...

It was called Sucking Vacuum, first suggestion on this list. Oh well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buckley
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like The Awful Green Things From Outer Space but that's really going back a long way...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
Almost certainly Sucking Vacuum. The game is set on the International Space Station. The station is depressurised and the race is on to (1) collect all the parts of a spacesuit and (b) get to an escape pod before the place disintegrates.

In the basic game the disaster is caused by an accident, in the advanced game it is attacked by aliens. At most two players can escape, but they both need complete space suits. There are enough parts for three, IIRC.

Before play starts the players jointly lay out tiles to determine the shape of the ISS. Useful items, including parts of suits, are scattered randomly about the place. There are rules for gradual asphyxia (it takes a long time to die) and all sorts of improvised weapons. One of the players gets to be a monkey, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Verstraete
Belgium
Ooike
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ozludo wrote:
Almost certainly Sucking Vacuum. The game is set on the International Space Station. The station is depressurised and the race is on to (1) collect all the parts of a spacesuit and (b) get to an escape pod before the place disintegrates.

In the basic game the disaster is caused by an accident, in the advanced game it is attacked by aliens. At most two players can escape, but they both need complete space suits. There are enough parts for three, IIRC.

Before play starts the players jointly lay out tiles to determine the shape of the ISS. Useful items, including parts of suits, are scattered randomly about the place. There are rules for gradual asphyxia (it takes a long time to die) and all sorts of improvised weapons. One of the players gets to be a monkey, too.

Yep Sucking Vacuum sounds like the perpetrator.
Played it once

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Baes
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
yes! that's it! Sucking Vacuum it is! That was fast. Dang! shouldve asked sooner, saved me all the trouble of trying to google it. Thanks guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.