Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Wards
United States
Bixby
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
About two years ago, this was mentioned trying to figure out how to get four players to work in a game . . . perhaps combining both Europe and Mediterranean sets ? Has anyone tried this ? Three players ?

Thanx

Eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember it being discussed pretty thoroughly. But nobody seemed to be able to answer the question "why not just play two 2-player games?". Do you perhaps only have a single copy of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
We played it as a 4 player game at prezcon and basically put one squad in the bottom left, and one in the bottom right on each side, and ran for exit point. It was a friendly game so we just took turns and had fun. Its a great way for a new player to enter the game just because just starting out in the game can look like a bit much. I wish I could remember the map/VP level ... but it was a lot of fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a go at Fat Lipki with two Russian players v my gerries. They used a single card pool and we made calls as who gained units via cards and so on. Usually the 'active' Russian I.e. The one who played the card which generated the event.

Was fun.

Regards,

fentum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Wards
United States
Bixby
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanx . . . I will give it a shot . . . give me a few ideas . . . yes only one copy but often more than just me and my dad there to play . . . just thought maybe if we took turns . . . three or four of us could play . . . put a little spin on things

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You MIGHT want to purchase an extra German fate deck from GMT, they are not expensive. With all of the maps and counters, it should then be easy to set up two games using the single copy of the game and the spare German fate deck.

I'll see if I can find a link:

Edit: Couldn't find the replacement decks on the GMT website, but email the office staff and ask them for availability and price of a replacement Combat Commander German Fate Deck.

gmtoffice@gmtgames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Wards
United States
Bixby
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanx . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.