Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hilary Hartman
United States
GLENNALLEN
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
Just your friendly, neighborhood game player and superhero!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Allies were handed two defeats today, the overall points finding the Axis powers slightly ahead in the war with a score of 13-10 Victory Points after three major battles.

Even with a strong landing on Sword Beach, June 6, 1944, while clearing out their entire left flank of Axis units, in the end the Allies were unable to take the town of Riva Bella. Meanwhile, the Axis powers were able to eliminate all Allied armor units, one infantry unit and one British Commando unit. The Allies did succeed in clearing out the lone German artillery unit in the central section. Otherwise, it was a dismal day for the Allied forces.

Likewise, July 25, 1944, found the Allied force falling short again on their objectives for Operation Spring. The German forces swarmed the Allies, quickly and decisively removing the 7th Guards Armored Division and two infantry units for a telling victory. The Allies came close to taking both Tilly-la-Campagne and May-sur-Orne, but their infantry was forced to pull up short by heavy artillery barrages and the 1st SS Panzer Division, not to mention the heavily fortified 272nd Infantry Division in both towns.

Thus, the Allies can only claim total victory at Pegasus Bridge. The war is not lost on only two battles, and Allied forces will strive for victory in their future engagements.

My wife is doing incredibly well at Memoir'44; it almost feels like Battle Cry all over again. She really played defensively during the Sword Beach battle, otherwise rushing at me full throttle during the second battle with everything she had at her disposal. I had a run of bad rolls during the Operation Spring battle, but it really wouldn't have mattered that much in the end.

We can't wait to play again. We're actually running the game like an extended war campaign, the total number of Victory Points determining the overall flow of the war. Of course, as I am playing as the Allies my reports here are slightly biased.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.