Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Fenrick
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played our first game last week and will hopefully play again this week, but we weren't sure if the Samurai death results in lost points of the samurai. We decided that as long as his "kami" was around you could keep the points, but after seppuku you had to deduct the points from the track. I don't particularly like that, but my group decided to play that rule that way kind of like the placing a family member down for temporary points but when taken from the table you lost those points.

Is there anything official or even widely accepted unofficial on this rule?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Officially you never lose the points. It's a samurai's job to die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fenrick
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response. Mind telling me where you found that? I have looked through the book numerous times just can't find much on samurai. I trust you, of course, just extremely curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Van Willis
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tacoSEVEN wrote:
Thanks for the quick response. Mind telling me where you found that? I have looked through the book numerous times just can't find much on samurai. I trust you, of course, just extremely curious.

P.9, last paragraph-
Senji Rules wrote:
Any samurai who die during the game (either through combat or through performing seppuku) do not cause a loss of honor
to his owner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.