Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule 10.1.1 "The Phasing Player is under no obligation to conduct the voluntary attack after he has placed the Target marker - he may later choose to cancel the attack"

Rule 10.3.1 "The Phasing Player decides which attacking units will attack which Target Hexes, in any combination he desires, as long as all declared Target hexes are attacked."

These rules seem to contradict a bit. At what point can you cancel an attack then? Before or after opponent places counterblow markers? Or both? Therefore, what is the 'point of no return' when you are committed to the attacks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tarheel wrote:
Rule 10.1.1 "The Phasing Player is under no obligation to conduct the voluntary attack after he has placed the Target marker - he may later choose to cancel the attack"

This sentence it NOT supposed to be in the rules: remove it from the booklet entirely. Thus, you CANNOT cancel an attack. This line was added by error by GMT and was never part of my original rules.

There is a slip of paper that was added in all the games to that effect.

If it's not included in your game, there is a one-page errata sheet posted in the "downloads" section here on BGG.

Sorry about the mishap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Argh. The slip is in my box. Was reading the rulebook first with intent to read errata second. Bad choice on my part. Sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tarheel wrote:
Argh. The slip is in my box. Was reading the rulebook first with intent to read errata second. Bad choice on my part. Sorry.

LOL! No problem. Do download the errata sheet. It's nothing game-changing but might answer some later questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.