Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
Charli (Mark's missus) joined us for the last game of the evening, and we had a go at Viva Il Re! (or King Me!), which none of us had played before.

Participants: Charli, Mark, Nick, Sue

Even though this was mine and everybody's first game of this, I'm guessing it was a little unusual.

In the first two rounds, after all the characters were in the castle, Charli moved somebody into the throne room on her first turn, and they were immediately crowned King (although King Beatrice is a slightly worrying name).

In both cases it turned out that that was the only character that all four players had on their cards, and therefore was the only one likely to have been voted in so early.

In round three the opposite happened, and by the time we had a king there were only four characters (and not a single 'no' vote card)left; at this point we remembered that you could 'sweep' up 33 points by getting nil, although it turned out none of us had been smart enough to go for that strategy. In fact, after we'd all received points in the 20's for the first two rounds, only Sue managed to have more than one character in tha castle.

Approximate final scores:

Sue 66
Mark 63
Nick 62
Charli 58

In the end, a really fun evening despite the low numbers, but it was our first week, it was a beautiful evening out, and I'm sure the numbers will grow.

Thanks to all who came.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.