Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Romeo
Canada
Chicoutimi
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb

Lots of trade cards are worth 1, some 2, one or two are worth 3(I think).

Do you use the Trade SC's secondary ability a lot? I mean often it's a command counter for 2(1-1 trade cards) TGs, is it worth it?

At 3 (1 + 2 trade cards) is it more worth it?

At 4 I think it is!

I know it depends a lot of the situation (needs 2 TG to build exactly what you need or have a lot of extra CCs, or too few CCs) but still it seems to me that a CC for 2 TG is not really worth it.

With only 2 plays under my belt I think I could be wrong, in fact I bet I'm wrong.

Also are 1 trade cards that usual? I mean from the two games I've played I've seen 6 different races (3 each game) and it was:
1-1 1-1 1-2 2-2 1-1 2-1 (I think)

Thanks a lot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
3D board game prints: www.3dhubs.com/service/3dgaming
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have a 3 TA or 2's then it is worth it. If I only have 2 1,1 agreements I will usually pass on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Since the CCs in the base game cost 3 influence, and TGs may be spent as influence, it is profitable as long as you gain more than 3 TGs and are prepared for another player to be able to steal them.

Also, in the base game, a few situational ACs are the only other source of TGs, so you should work out a way to achieve the "I now spend X TGs" objective without using too many CCs.

The other versions of Trade make it so all players can benefit from trade, rather than only the Hacan, Jol-Nar, and their trade partners receive any TGs from the secondary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mooseulie Ferenczy
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Situational at best. Depends on my allies and plans. Though I usually use the expansion strategies, so I don't have a whole lot of experience with Trade I. After a couple of turns Command Counters are usually in short supply and I am more than willing to sink one to get some goods.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benny And The
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
This is one of the many things that is improved in the Shattered Empires expansion. The new Trade II SC allows everyone to gain trade goods from their active agreements (-1 good if you didn't play it yourself) when it is played without costing anyone a CC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Streicher
msg tools
mbmb
TomBoombs wrote:
TGs may be spent as influence

Is this a rule of the base game?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
NoxMortem wrote:
TomBoombs wrote:
TGs may be spent as influence

Is this a rule of the base game?!

Yes. You may spend a Trade Good anytime you would spend a resource or an influence.

Note this only applies to situations where you SPEND influence; you can't use it when just "counting" influence (so it can't change your total votes, or when comparing influence to neighbors). The main places you'd spend TGs as Influence are when using Logistics/Leadership to buy more CC's, or when claiming objectives that say "I now spend XX influence".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.