United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all, so my friend is hosting the first ever Annual Acres of Snow Invitational Tournament this Monday in Washington, DC. (Okay I might have just made up the title, however if there is interest, we could hold these on a more regular basis.) Between six of my friends, all of whom have played the game, we own 3 copies, and so we've chosen a round-robin format, with all six players playing each other participant once. Winner shall be determined by number of wins. We have yet to settle on a tie-breaker. If you have thoughts on the matter, I'd be happy to hear them, though my immediate thought is that points as tie-breaker ensures longer games, and I'd like to dis-incentivize this.

Anyway, we plan on eating poutine, venison stew and cornbread, and drinking French and English beer. We plan on listening to the Last of the Mohechians soundtrack the entire time (any others recommended?). We plan on wearing coonskin caps. And we plan on turning down the AC as low as it'll go so that hopefully we can see our breath frost.

Anyone have any other suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Anyone have any other suggestions?

I'd play a Swiss instead of a Round Robin. Might be tough to fill out all 5 games, and the result will likely not be in doubt anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gatheral
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The French can't brew proper beer, just fizzy lager. Drink their wine and get some English real ale in. Have fun, it is a great idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stein
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that's enthusiasm Clyde! Great ideas for my group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love it! Let us know how it turns out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Horn
United States
FPO
AE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Clyde, I know you've likely already played your tourney, but I have a suggestion. I listened to The Last of the Mohicans soundtrack but for me, the modern soundtrack for a game about a historical period didn't work.I found some drum and fife music on iTunes that is from the period and if you could find a sufficient amount of period music, I think that'd be better. Wish I lived in your area, I adore this game and can't get it played enough.

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There's as also an album of French and English folk songs song by First Nations people and others called Turtle Mountain Music. If you're not used to hearing such folk song recordings, it could be a bit harsh to listen to (my wife for example makes me turn such things off). But you could find one or two songs to mix in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.