tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
Capital strongholds seem really weak. If you need 7-strength in your home realm, you're not usually doing too hot. I'd rather build a forward stronghold.

Excited about Eagle-Eyed Archers!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Bulacz
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
selwyth wrote:

I have the same impression!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Walsh
Ireland
Lucan
Co Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmb
selwyth wrote:

The big drawback to Eagle-Eyed Archers is that it only works in approximately 1/3rd of the map squares (9 out of 28 general hexes, 2 out of 3 Elven home realms, and 1/3 out of 3 of any other home realms). The minor drawback is that you can get unlucky with it, since 12 out of the 18 cards that would have been hits for you turn into misses (obviously this is more than counterbalanced in principle by the 12 cards it'll turn from misses into hits, but actual play might result in you getting stung).

Frenzy is more of a straight upgrade, and looks very powerful.

As for capital strongholds, I think the main benefit is that they make the "build 3 developments" objective card much less painful in terms of actions, while also giving you insurance against having your valuable developments stolen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fab Sanke
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also about capitals, if you replaces the regular stronghold with its token, supposedly you would be able to build an additional stronghold, so it is another reason to build it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I will be preordering this.. just like I did with Runewars itself before I even played it. Call me crazy, but more Runewars goodness is too hard to resist.

*these sure make Harvest orders more valuable. I can't wait to try it out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Black Warder
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmb
Personally I really like the faction wide cards, the peasant one is especially great.

Warder

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.