Earth Reborn» Forums » General

Subject: Advice on how to handle defective parts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hello, what is your name?
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Greetings Humans.

Recently I bought a copy of Earth Reborn and have enjoyed it immensely thus far. However, there is one part of the game that is less than amazing: the component quality. When opening the game to see all the beautiful components, I was disappointed to see that many of the tiles, between half and two thirds, were grossly shifted to such an extent that it made some walls even harder to see (because they were cut too thin) and overall simply made the tiles a fair bit uglier to look at. Not only this, many of the tokens were shifted too, and quite difficult to punch. A few of the cards even had bending and marking issues. I've never had to deal with these kinds of production errors before (new to the industry) and feel a little surprised to see so many in this game. My dilemma is that if I were to ask for all the replacement parts that I feel entitled to, I would be asking for about half the game's worth of components, which I'm not sure is appropriate (like I've said, I have inexperience with these types of situations). I'm also a little unsure if the quality of the replacements will be up to snuff, seeing all the errors in my copy. What have others felt about the quality of the replacement parts?

Also, seeing how Z-man recently sold his company, as well as it being one of the busiest times of the year for board games because of the many conventions going on this time of year, I'm a little unsure about Z-man's ability to replace parts at this time of the year in a prompt fashion. Does anyone have any first hand experience as to how Z-man is handling replacement parts requests at this moment?

P.S. I realize that there are other threads concerning replacement parts on this game, but I feel my situation is entitled to its own thread due to the amount of replacement parts required as well as the differing circumstances due to the time of year.

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, Z-Man sold? To whom?

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Take pictures of the components and email them to ZMan games. I did for my Cherokee Bill and got a replacement.

@shnar Z-man bought by Filosofia? Sounds like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Filosofia buys up Z-Man Games?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sophie Gravel
Canada
Canada
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Hartattack,

Just send a mail to customer service at: csr@zmangames.com

And yes, Zman Games was bought by Filosofia in June but Zev is still on board and working on great games to come !

Cheers,

Sophie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'll add my voice to the chorus of "contact Z-Man". I had a problem with the cutting on some of the life/CP counters. Replacements were in the mail almost as fast as I could hit send on my email client. Give them a chance to make you a happy customer, it certainly worked for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bird
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto. Emailed them a picture of my ripped/unpunchable token sheet, and replacement tokens arrived in very short order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you will have any problems at all. I had a problem with my Cherokee Bill also (no backpack). Their support was spot on and a replacement was received quick time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Dedeaux
United States
Fontana
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this a recent issue? I went through the entire General section (and there's a lot!) and didn't see a post about mis-punched sheets until this one.

I, too, bought the game recently and noticed one of the sheets was punched way off surprise

It's not unplayable, but it definitely makes the pieces look bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
swgod98 wrote:
Is this a recent issue? I went through the entire General section (and there's a lot!) and didn't see a post about mis-punched sheets until this one.

I, too, bought the game recently and noticed one of the sheets was punched way off :surprise:

It's not unplayable, but it definitely makes the pieces look bad.

It's a long way from being a very common experience, but it has happened to several people and the issue has been discussed in several threads.

Fact is, if you are not happy with the alignment of some of your pieces, Z-Man will almost certainly replace the problem pieces free of charge if you contact them. It doesn't have to reach the point of unplayable before they will help you out. At least that seems to be the consensus experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Is Board
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One sheet I had was completely messed up and did make the game unplayable. Another sheet was shifted far off to the side and though not unplayable, it did make it more difficult (the sheet with the order tokens).

Contacted Zev through customer service, issue resolved quickly and well handled. Great customer service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.