Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After you draw your two new Hero Cards and before you draw the Darkness Spreads cards, can you play any special cards you JUST DREW prior to drawing the darkness spreads? Seems like you'd have to complete your turn, draw darkness spreads and then replenish your hand, but that's not what the rules state and I'm a bit confused about the Special Card you may have just drawn (i.e. All is Quiet). Any help would be appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
After you draw your two new Hero Cards and before you draw the Darkness Spreads cards, can you play any special cards you JUST DREW prior to drawing the darkness spreads? Seems like you'd have to complete your turn, draw darkness spreads and then replenish your hand, but that's not what the rules state and I'm a bit confused about the Special Card you may have just drawn (i.e. All is Quiet). Any help would be appreciated!

You draw your special cards during evening, and darkness spreads at night, so I don't see a problem with the sequence. When you draw All is Quiet, no new enemies appear and no Generals move (it says that explicitly in the middle of page 12).

Perhaps I don't understand your question?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Marso
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
All the special cards can be played at anytime and do not require an action except for "Battle Fury" Therefore, even after a player completes their turn, yes they or other players can play any other purple cards before drawing darkness spread card(s).

I personally also play that while players can play all other purple cards at any time, in late war you cannot play purple cards between for example the 1st and the 2nd darkness spread card drawn as you must wait for this phase to resolve. Have never seen this rule spelled out but it makes sense to me.

Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for everyone's reply. It makes sense, I just didn't read anything explicit about playing cards immediately after drawing so I wasn't sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.