Wade Stewart
United States
Anoka
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
We shall drink to our partnership. Do you like gin? It is my only weakness.
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook on p23 says this about gaining bonus when destroying an outpost:

Quote:
The Hero may choose to either steal (take) any one Artifact that the Villains have collected or take any Fortune the Villains currently have as well as to move the Villain Track Marker D3 steps back from it’s
current position

Does this mean:

A) You only get to move the Track back when you steal the villian's Fortune

Or

B) You can move the track back when you take an Artifact from them, as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read it as A...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also say A but agree that it is slightly ambiguously written.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Larkin
United States
Novato
California
flag msg tools
badge
Twinkies... YUM!
mbmbmbmbmb
Because villains only have 2 fortune max, as they trade it in when they get 3, this rule would seem to balance the game a bit. Take 1 or 2 fortune, and move the track back, or take an artifact which may be worth much more, as they never get rid of their artifacts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Stewart
United States
Anoka
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
We shall drink to our partnership. Do you like gin? It is my only weakness.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cupcakus wrote:
Because villains only have 2 fortune max, as they trade it in when they get 3, this rule would seem to balance the game a bit. Take 1 or 2 fortune, and move the track back, or take an artifact which may be worth much more, as they never get rid of their artifacts.

Thank you. That makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engstrom
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
https://greydolphingames.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same question. You beat me to it!

Having never played the game, I guess I don't really know about the balance. I had thought that it made sense thematically that the track backtracking was from setting back the organization from destroying an outpost and was independant from the fortune/artifact stolen.

However, considering that the group objective is to gain a set amount of fortune and artifacts can be quite a bit of fortune, it does seem sort of like a one-two punch almost to the villains.

I wonder how hard it is to destroy an outpost?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Larkin
United States
Novato
California
flag msg tools
badge
Twinkies... YUM!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've found destroying outposts to be no more dangerous than the artifact recoveries. However there is a lot of fighting at the outposts, so if you character/equipment is not built for fighting it can be tougher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're going against the Nazis, you can destroy an outpost simply by sneaking aboard the zeppelin. We've found Li Mei Chen is really good at Sneak tests. She won the game for us last time by sneaking aboard the zeppelin. Only one die matched one of the two numbers she chose, and she gets to re-roll one die. Two fortune gained, and game over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow I read this as option B but looking again (and seeing how the word "or" is underlined in the rules), I definitely agree it's A. Glad I looked at this thread! Thanks everyone.

They just needed to add some choice numbers:
Quote:
The Hero may choose to either 1) steal (take) any one Artifact that the Villains have collected or 2) take any Fortune the Villains currently have as well as to move the Villain Track Marker D3 steps back from it’s current position...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.